Do you take the skin off bratwurst before cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somehow I believe they are getting around the lung issue. Although still banned in many places. But like you, Linda, I don't remember the details.

Somehow I believe they are getting around the lung issue. Although still banned in many places. But like you, Linda, I don't remember the details.
I'm not sure if you can even buy lung in America? Not that I'd want to, but it's not something I've looked heavily into. :yuk:

When I looked it up it was banned for sale in the U.S. in 1971.
In Canada, offal such as lung, genitals, spleen, and more cannot be "imported" nor the selling or eating of them either.

Prairie Oyster are a big festival in many States. Think they drew the line at P & P Dumplings, although you never know.

I usually leave the skin on before cooking. It helps keep all those delicious juices and flavors locked in.

I’m confused, but that’s not unusual.
Why do you want to make brat without the casing?
What is the goal?
Isn’t brat without casing just a mince?

(Haggis done well is really good - some tatties and a droplet of gravy on the side please)

I would only peel casings if I wanted to make a Bratwurst Meatloaf with dark beer reduction and pretzels for the bread crumbs...

If I wanted to make a burger from brats, I would cook them then just slice them down the middle... done. :)
That way you get the burger and the snap from the skin at the same time. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom