"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 09-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #1
Everymom

11 lbs of Callebaut Chocolate!

I am the proud owner of 11lbs of Callebaut chocolate. (Milk chocolate though, not semi sweet). What the heck am I going to do with it?

I'm thinking a crapload of truffles for Christmas gifts etc. I need more suggestions though.

Help please?

Old 09-26-2009, 02:11 AM   #2
Head Chef

Make chocolate covered almonds and/or peanuts:
Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, then stir in roasted almonds or peanuts. Spread over foil-lined (or parchment-lined) baking sheets, and chill until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

Chop up and use in chocolate chip cookies or other types of cookies (can be in addition to the semi-sweet chips/chunks). Use in muffins, cakes, brownies. Make S-mores or S'more bars.

Some recipes using milk chocolate:

Chocolate Layer Cake with Mocha Milk Chocolate Frosting - Fine Cooking Recipe

Culinary in the Desert: Almond Roca

Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Puddings Recipe at Epicurious.com

What's left on the table?: TWD: Caramel Crunch Bars

Milk Chocolate Brownies Recipe at Epicurious.com

Double Chocolate Bundt Cake : Cafe Fernando – Food Blog

Tartelette: Two Chocolates, Some Salted Butter Caramel Mousse And A Smile On My Face!

Crunchy Milk Chocolate–Peanut Butter Layer Cake Recipe - Nancy Olson | Food & Wine

Old 09-26-2009, 05:55 AM   #3
Chief Eating Officer

Fondue.

How did you come to acquire such gold?
Old 09-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
Everymom

My brother in law had it and couldn't think what to do with it. He saw my eyes light up and gave it to me. So...they are getting a pile of truffles back as thanks but holy moly thats a LOT of chocolate.

merstar, thanks! Those are fabulous ideas and links. I'm going to go make almond bark today. I suspect there will be a LOT of really yummy hot chocolate in our house this winter too.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
Mr. Greenjeans

Chocolate covered bacon.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
Everymom

You are not allowed to put two food bandaids together as it negates the effects of both. Come on bigdaddy, thats a major cooking faux pas!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #7
Mr. Greenjeans

If you have never had chocolate covered bacon then I will forgive your challenge.

http://www.yumsugar.com/1813878
Old 09-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #8
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post

merstar, thanks! Those are fabulous ideas and links. I'm going to go make almond bark today. I suspect there will be a LOT of really yummy hot chocolate in our house this winter too.
You're very welcome. And if you find that you still have an excess of chocolate, just send some over here!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #9
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy3k View Post
If you have never had chocolate covered bacon then I will forgive your challenge.

Homemade Chocolate-Covered Bacon | recipes, chocolate, desserts | YumSugar - Recipes, Menus, Food & Wine
Sorry nope. Not going to do it. I'll believe you that its good but I still say two cooking bandaids can't be put together without repercussions.

merstar, I think if there are any "leftover" bits of chocolate my husband will happily finish them for me. He is already asking me when I'm opening the package!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

I had a chocolate bar two years ago with bacon IN it. IN the chocolate bar! One word: AMAZING!!!

Do you know how to make ice cream Alix? All that chocolate would be good in some homemade ice cream and it will keep a lot longer than cookies or cakes.

Tags
None