"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 06-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

Jiffy chocolate pudding cake mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygirl View Post
Does anyone remember a packaged pudding cake mix from the 1970's?
I have been on a quest for the name and maker for over 20 years. My family loved it. I could have sworn it was a Jiffy Mix but I wrote to them and they said no. There were two flavors. Choloclate and Lemon. It was packaged in small jiffy mix sized boxes. You mixed the cake batter, poured some sort of packaged powder on top, and then poured hot water on top of the powder. tried. This one had definate pudding on the bottom of the pan that stayed like pudding for a couple of days before it was absorbed by the cake. Does anyone remember this? What brand it might have been? If not does anyone have a great recipie for either of these pudding cakes. I've tried several scratch recipies, but they're just not the sam.
Joeygirl; you are so right...jiffy DID make a "chocolate pudding cake mix"...
my son was 10 yrs old at that time (1970)and made this by himself many times. I too am trying to find this mix...it did not require any "cooking" on the stove top..you just mixed the batter, poured the pkg of powder over it,then hot water (slowly) and baked ( seems like 20 or 30 min.) the pudding came to the top...( sort of like funnel cake). The recipes I have found are so time consuming...definately not "jiffy".

Tags
None