Amazing Moist Low Fat Banana Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
I have tweaked my banana bread recipe to perfection (or to my tastebuds).

Try chocolate chips like I did today, for a twist for the kids. I call it Nana bread because as a child that was my knickname.. I could not say my name properly (Tanya).

I usually make mine in a big loaf pan, but today I decided to try out some mini loaf pans that I bought a month or so ago. If you use mini loaf pans, make sure to adjust cooking time. I checked them after 20 minutes, and they were done in about 30-35. Make sure to check them constantly though. If the knife is MOSTLY clean when it comes out its good.

Super Moist Nana Bread

1 cup sugar (if using chocolate chips, use 3/4 of a cup sugar instead)
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce (I usually overflow it)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup no fat sour cream (again, something I overflow a little)
1 1/2 cups flour (use whole wheat for a better for you bread)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 nice ripe bananas (3 will also work if you like extra 'nana-ey bread)

Grease loaf pan. Cream applesauce, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients. Add banana and sour cream. Mix well with a handheld mixer. Mix in chocolate chips if you are using some. Finely chopped walnuts are also good in this if you like them. Grease and lightly flour a loaf pan. Gently pour it in, spreading the surface evenly. Sprinkle some cinnamon on top and some walnuts if you like.

Bake at 350F in a preheated oven for approximately 1 hour. I usually start checking it after 45 minutes, and every 5 minutes until it is done. Do not overcook this, a little undercooked is best.

Enjoy!!!

img_603277_0_2ec1fb8c45ed1b1001d461ad25f028ef.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom