"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 09-09-2004, 09:19 AM   #11
Senior Cook

Mine is similar to Beaulana's, although I was 20 at the time :) I was baking cookies at my parents' place, and I used this brown plastic sheet. After a while, I went to check on the cookies, and I noticed this brown liquid dripping down from the rack. At first I was surprised, because I didn't see how there could have been so much chocolate in the cookies! Then I realized my mistake.... The plastic was fused with the rack, and it was IMPOSSIBLE to seperate the two. As a result, my mom's oven has one less rack today :(

Old 09-09-2004, 07:45 PM   #12
Executive Chef

My story is similar to the biscuit one, only with cream puffs!! I guess I was about 12, and decided to try to make cream puffs; well, the recipe said to drop them by 'tablespoonfuls' on the baking sheet, and I thought that was way too puny looking, so I about tripled the size. The cream puffs were about the size of a honeydew melon!!

Old 09-10-2004, 06:54 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Not funny.....but I sometimes have problems with cookies too. I've had oatmeal cookies spread flat all over the pan, and sometimes cookies with a lot of butter do too. Yes, my pan is cool so that's not the problem. They still taste good, but I can't serve/take them to people. I don't have a problem with chocolate chips. I need to find some more foolproof cookie recipes.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:09 PM   #14
Cook

Yucky cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
I guess mine would have to be when a friend of mine & I decided to make sugar cookies for our mothers & my friend was reading the recipes to me & she got the salt & sugar ammounts mixed up. The cookies wound up being salt cookies instead. At least our mothers appriciated the gesture! :D
We had a similar incident--my mom kept the dry ingredients in Maxwell House coffee jars, with no labels, and my sister made Baking powder chocolate chip cookies(no flour) talk about YUCKY!
Old 09-14-2004, 02:47 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

Send a message via AIM to ParrotheadLizzy Send a message via Yahoo to ParrotheadLizzy
I've been designated as the dessert maker @ work for potlucks. Two years ago, I made pies for our Thanksgiving lunch. I made one pumpkin, and one apple. The apple was amazing.

The pumpkin pie looked a little odd. I thought I'd better try it first, I didn't want anyone else to try it if it was bad. Turns out, I used the recipe off a can of pumpkin pie filling, when all I used was pure pumpkin. It was awful!

I'm so glad I tried it first!

Liz

~*~*Jimmy Buffett*~*~
ParrotheadLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None