Are you making any dessert tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I was just talking about eating it....i'm fairly inexperienced with baking with it...oops. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention :blush:

No problem! I usually don't eat them out of hand, but love them for baking - something about when they're melted, they transform into something great, and are better than the actual raw bars. Also, I find that the baking bars are actually better for eating than their regular chocolate bars, which I don't like at all.

Today I'm baking an apple pie. I usually add cinnamon to the mix. It gives a great flavour.

Last edited:
This recipe sounds great!! Definitely want to try it. What minor tweaks did you make, if I may ask?

Hello,

I cut down both sugars by 2 Tbsp each, and used all semi-sweet chocolate (from Ghirardelli semi-sweet baking bars) instead of 5 ounces 55 percent chocolate, and 5 ounces 70 to 72 percent chocolate as specified in the recipe.(As much as I love very bittersweet chocolate, when I used half 70% the first time I made these, I found it too bitter for this type of cookie). I also cut the chocolate into very coarse chunks, and used 1/2 tsp fine salt instead of 1 tsp Kosher salt.

I dropped by very rounded Tbsp, and rolled into balls as indicated - only 6 cookies per large baking sheet, because they spread a lot. They're nice and chewy in the centers and crispy on the edges (Didn't do the optional misting of water for softer cookies - loved the texture as is - perfection).

Let me know if you make these!

Last edited:
I baked two pumpkin pies last night so those will hold us for a few days.

I have a strange brother who hates getting gifts, for Christmas or Birthdays or whatever. So if I want to give him a gift it has to have a reason. I made a batch of Chunky candy bars and let him know that I hate raisons and dh bought too many. So I was using them up. That is all true but I had planned that this is what I would give him for Christmas. I just had to wait a while to do it. Families are so strange! Especially mine.

We still have chocolate almond brownies that I made when nothing else would do. Now I am afraid they will go to waste. No one is eating them because we don't want them to go to waist!

:ROFLMAO:I have a friend that always, "Better to go to waste then to go to my waist!:ROFLMAO: I wish I was a little better at that saying myself.

chopper said:
:ROFLMAO:I have a friend that always, "Better to go to waste then to go to my waist!:ROFLMAO: I wish I was a little better at that saying myself.

Ugh, don't we all... If only all the yummiest foods could be healthy and low calorie

I rarely have a taste for sweets, ditto husband. Exception being the time I tried to give up alcohol, then it came on with a vengeance. Learned from recovered alcoholic and smoker friends that that is very, very common.

Today I am making Basbosa with cream. It is a well known dessert in the middle east. It is easy to do and it only takes about 30 min.to prepare and 20 min. in the oven. My kids like to spread a sugar syrup over it. If it turns out well, I will tell you all.

Chocolate chips cookies. I've found a new recipe on a website and I'm going to try it today. If it tuned out well I'm going to post it.

I just realized that I have everything in the house to make a lime pie (can't call it a key lime pie) so in the morning I be baking my brains out. Oh, I can't wait.

Today I am making Om Ali. It is a well known mid-eastern dessert made from baked puff pastry, nuts, milk and cream with some sugar. It is usually served hot.

Today I am making Om Ali. It is a well known mid-eastern dessert made from baked puff pastry, nuts, milk and cream with some sugar. It is usually served hot.

I'm not familiar with Om Ali, so I looked it up in Allrecipes, and found this :) :

"It's an Egyptian dessert... Legend has it that Om Ali was the first wife of the sultan Ezz El Din Aybek. When the sultan died, his second wife had a dispute with Om Ali, resulting in the second wife's death. To celebrate, Om Ali made this dessert and distributed it among the people of the land."

Food history and legends can be interesting! ;)

I'm not familiar with Om Ali, so I looked it up in Allrecipes, and found this :) :

"It's an Egyptian dessert... Legend has it that Om Ali was the first wife of the sultan Ezz El Din Aybek. When the sultan died, his second wife had a dispute with Om Ali, resulting in the second wife's death. To celebrate, Om Ali made this dessert and distributed it among the people of the land."

Food history and legends can be interesting! ;)
Yes, it's very interesting. I heard the same history before.:)

Back
Top Bottom