Are you making any dessert tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrs.mom

Senior Cook
Are you making any dessert tonight?:)
Today I am baking swiss rolls filled with chocolate and coated with chocolate sauce. My kids love them so much.:chef:

We still have chocolate almond brownies that I made when nothing else would do. Now I am afraid they will go to waste. No one is eating them because we don't want them to go to waist!

We don't have set "dessert" but as many know, I am always making something sweet either for us or customer orders (where I always have to have "testers".

Today it is Peanut butter flax cookies for DH (Gluten Free) and banana zucchini brownies for my diabetic Dad. They will be served with some fresh berries and whipped cream or topping depending on the person!

Today I am thinking of something simple. I think we are going to have ice-cream with some sliced bananas, apples, pineapple and some cherries.

Made an upside down pineapple cake. Very easy.
Melt 1/3 cup butter in cake pan. Disolve in half cup of brown sugar and half cup of chopped nuts. Lay out one layer of pineapple rings(make sure to drain canned ones on paper for about 10 minutes) Then, pour cake mix of your choice over top and bake per instructions( I use basic white cake mix for this recipe). Let cool for a few minutes and then turn over and out on a plate or tray. We eat ours with vanilla ice cream.

We are going to a potluck/meeting today. Besides my pulled pork, I am decorating some cupcakes I "just happen to have in the freezer" with some buttercream I also had on hand and adding some sprinkles. The group is mostly young adults and they love it when I bring cake! (Sorry Frank Z. I tried to get you invited but no luck).

Leftover Fresh Peach Cake from yesterday. Wrong time of year for fresh peaches so I used canned......should have known better. It's just "ok", but spectacular with fresh summer peaches. Why do canned (even home canned) peaches never taste the same?

Tonight it is chocolate cheesecake. I asked the family if they minded that I only had the stuff to make a gramcracker crust, and not a chocolate crust. They know when to go to the "beggers can't be choosers" response of "That will be just fine." There are also some Grammy Cookies left from Friday night, but those will be gone soon I am sure. :pig:

YUM!! I will be making these soon. They sound really good, and a great one to make with my Grandson! I don't even need to print out the recipe since it is so easy. I think even I can remember this one. Thanks!

thanks, i found a recipe for cookie dough truffles that sounds fabulous. just explored the site.:chef:

YUM!! I will be making these soon. They sound really good, and a great one to make with my Grandson! I don't even need to print out the recipe since it is so easy. I think even I can remember this one. Thanks!

RE: SUPER EASY DARK CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER CRACKER COOKIES
You're very welcome! I made them with Low Sodium Stoned Ground Crackers, HT lightly salted natural peanut butter (both creamy and crunchy), and Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate, and they're delicious. Tonight I'm going to try them with some Dove milk chocolate - I think that would even be better for kids.

I like Dove chocolate better than Ghirardelli because it's smoother and a bit softer maybe...kinda less waxy. It's hard to explain.

I'm making Oatmeal cookies tonight.

I like Dove chocolate better than Ghirardelli because it's smoother and a bit softer maybe...kinda less waxy. It's hard to explain.

I'm making Oatmeal cookies tonight.

Are you referring to the Ghirardelli semi-sweet and bittersweet baking bars? I find them to be very, very smooth and creamy when melted for baking or ganaches, etc., and use them in practically everything. For milk chocolate, I use Dove - love it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom