Audeo.........on being compulsive...not baking related

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runninduo

Senior Cook
I just had to share this with you!

I have a three year old son......and yesterday, my cousin came over with her 2 yr old twins. One of the three kids had been playing with my son's alphabet puzzle. Most of the pieces were in one pile......and when I put them all back there were 3 letters missing..........O,C, and D. I definitely thought it was a sign that my fudge trials and tribulations were very OCD-like.

Anyway, it cracked me up. I hope you thought that was funny too!

I did make some chocolate chocolate chip cookies yesterday that I thought I had ruined, but managed to salvage. My son was helping me and then mid-way through (read.....as i was stirring butter and brown sugar into melted chocolate) decided he needed milk and couldn't wait two minutes. I'm talking a "zero to sixty" temper tantrum. Anyway, the chocolate cooled down to much to melt the butter so I put it over low heat to melt it. The cookies were fabulous.

Thanks again for all your help.

Good golly, that's funny! What ARE the odds of it being O, C & D? LMAO!

And double cringes on the three-year-old beautiful and tireless gift from Heaven in the form of your son! I well remember those days!!! Hmm...that's about when the first gray streak appeared, as I recall....!

OCD is the perfect accompanyment to cooking, IMO. Othwise, how would we ever find the courage to re-tackle our blunders and learn??

Enjoy those cookies, runninduo...!

Audeo.......

Unfortunately, my grey hairs (not many, but some) were there b/f my son was born. That's what highlights are for.........LOL. He's generally a very good natured kid, but boy, when he's tired and wants something watch out! Poor kid is starting to give up his nap. He fell asleep eating dinner at 5:30. I woke him up, gave him a bath at 6pm, played and read stories til 6:30 or so. I'm just hoping he's not up at 4:30am!!!!!!!!

Anyway, he is truly a joy and mighty cute if I do say so myself!

Back
Top Bottom