Bacon Cupcakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mollyanne

Flour Child
...so, I was browsing around looking for some Awesome Cupcake Art for my other thread and I came upon this youtube* where these two artists are talking about the "sweet and salty savory explosion of flavor in Bacon Cupcakes" and how so "many" bakeries are carrying these...i laughed at their clever repartee, dry humor, until I paused and thought...

....they couldn't be serious, could they? I thought they MUST be joking so I googled "bacon cupcakes" and there are 9 MILLION results!! So there are either 9 million in on this joke or I'm the last one to hear of this "savory explosion" truism.

*youtube:

YouTube - Cupcake art by Jessie Oleson of Cakespy at Renegade Craft Fair

Just had a bacon cupcake a few weeks ago, don't really think the womens recipe was very good, but I love the concept... I've made chocolate covered bacon before and the sweet and salty is a wonderful flavor combination...

I love my chocolate, I love my bacon...but I really am not sure about loving them together. Well, maybe when I am dipping strawberries for a wedding reception I will use a bacon rasher to sop up the rest of the chocolate and see how it goes!

I love my chocolate, I love my bacon...but I really am not sure about loving them together. Well, maybe when I am dipping strawberries for a wedding reception I will use a bacon rasher to sop up the rest of the chocolate and see how it goes!

I'd try it. Chocolate and pretzels are yummy. So are chocolate and potato chips. :LOL: Bacon with cupcakes. Sure...I'd give it a try being the adventurous thing I am....plus...it's bacon...and CUPCAKES! I think I want vanilla cupcakes through...

~Kathleen

it's not really that surprising seeing as how many people love maple syrup overruns :angel: on their bacon.

thats pretty ironic. we were making ice cream the other night and i mentioned that i've seen bacon ice cream. you might have inspired me to make it.

oh man, like a maple walnut, but maple bacon ice cream. :pig::pig::pig:

i have yet to use my ice cream maker, so i may just have some bacon around the first time i make a batch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom