Baked Rice Pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ingredients

2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cooked rice
1 cup milk

Method

Place cooked rice at the bottom of an ovenproof dish
Mix eggs, milk and sugar in a jug
Pour over rice till rice is covered
Sprinkle with nutmeg
Bake at 200c (392f) and bake for 40 minutes

This sounds so good and so simple !

2 questions Kylie ... cover while baking? Also, does the baking dish need to be greased?

Thanks for the share .. will make this as soon as the tapioca pudding is all gone !

2 questions Kylie ... cover while baking? Also, does the baking dish need to be greased?

Thanks for the share .. will make this as soon as the tapioca pudding is all gone !

:wacko: I think I found your missing tapioca PF! :angel:

Addie !!! You told on me !!!! Now I'll be lookin' over my shoulder all the time ! :LOL::LOL:

It's ok .. come on over any old time PF ... I am the only one who eats it here and I'd be happy to share !

Mrs L, you dont need to cover the pudding whilst cooking it in the oven and no you dont need to grease the baking dish as you put lots of milk in there which prevents sticking to bad :)

Addie !!! You told on me !!!! Now I'll be lookin' over my shoulder all the time ! :LOL::LOL:

It's ok .. come on over any old time PF ... I am the only one who eats it here and I'd be happy to share !

Actually...I finally found that missing tapioca...now I have gobs of it. Have to start making some...next free minute I get.:LOL: I love tapioca Mrs. LMB!!! I stir Ovaltine into it, makes Shrek smile.

Mrs L, you dont need to cover the pudding whilst cooking it in the oven and no you dont need to grease the baking dish as you put lots of milk in there which prevents sticking to bad :)

Thanks Kylie !! Can't wait to try this.

Actually...I finally found that missing tapioca...now I have gobs of it. Have to start making some...next free minute I get.:LOL: I love tapioca Mrs. LMB!!! I stir Ovaltine into it, makes Shrek smile.

Oh me too PF .. I've been known to sneak chocolate into it too. I love cinnamon in it and Kahlua is a super nice touch :yum:

I've not had Ovaltine in years ... I may have to go get some .. used to love it as a kid.

KYLIE-- We made your rice pudding today. I haven't had that style for longer than I can remember. IT IS DELICIOUS.:chef:

I hate the rice glue that is served in most eating places.

LOVE rice pudding. Will definitely give this a try - especially like that its baked in the oven and does not require an hour of stirring on the hob. Nowadays I tend to add cardamom, rose water and a little rasperry jam to serve... and as its now winter here its perfect for a cosy evening around the fire. Thank you

KYLIE-- We made your rice pudding today. I haven't had that style for longer than I can remember. IT IS DELICIOUS.:chef:

Scotty, I am so pleased you enjoyed it and thank you for your lovely comment :)

It is very simple but very tasty :)

LOVE rice pudding. Will definitely give this a try - especially like that its baked in the oven and does not require an hour of stirring on the hob. Nowadays I tend to add cardamom, rose water and a little rasperry jam to serve... and as its now winter here its perfect for a cosy evening around the fire. Thank you

Drmaz, yes, please do try it, I am sure you wont be disappointed :)

Back
Top Bottom