Baked Rice Pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Ingredients

2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cooked rice
1 cup milk

Method

Place cooked rice at the bottom of an ovenproof dish
Mix eggs, milk and sugar in a jug
Pour over rice till rice is covered
Sprinkle with nutmeg
Bake at 200c (392f) and bake for 40 minutes

Ingredients

2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cooked rice
1 cup milk

Method

Place cooked rice at the bottom of an ovenproof dish
Mix eggs, milk and sugar in a jug
Pour over rice till rice is covered
Sprinkle with nutmeg
Bake at 200c (392f) and bake for 40 minutes
Looks good Kylie plus one thing I ask for EASY!!!!
Thank you
kades

Thanks will try one day despite the fact my husband won't eat anything with pudding in the name....I would call it custard but the rice may tip him off...

I on the other hand love rice pudding. In my top 5

Thank you CJ xx

Yes, it is ever so simple, but tastes so nice :)

Mum has been making it for years and years, now we have been too :)

Thank you Seigal, I hope you can try it at least, even if hubby wont have a bar of it :LOL: :)

Thanks will try one day despite the fact my husband won't eat anything with pudding in the name....I would call it custard but the rice may tip him off...

I on the other hand love rice pudding. In my top 5

It is not Rice Pudding, but "Custard With Seasoned Rice." Type up the recipe with the new name and leave it around where he will see it. I bet he will ask you to make it. :angel:

Last edited:
I love rice pudding, thanks Kylie!

Now if I can just remember where the tapioca is...:ROFLMAO:

Just kidding...:ermm:

Addie said:
It is not Rice Pudding, but "Custard With Seasoned Rice." Type up the recipe with the new name and leave it around where he will see it. I bet he will ask you to make it. :angel:

Haha. I'll try but.....

Thanks DL :)

An oldie but a goodie...and the easiest one I have made yet!

The ones you make in the saucepan take so long and you have to stir them so much and consistently

This one, just prepare it all and whack it in the oven, too easy! :)

We usually make this when we have had rice with our main meal and we use the rice that is leftover and since it is already cooked, perfect!

Love rice pudding. I recently made an indian inspired version with coconut milk and cardomon, it was awsome

My friend's little boy won't have rice pudding at any price. He will, however, eat several large helpings of creamed rice, if he's allowed. Yes, you've guessed it - it's the same thing.:chef:

Yes, I would eat two helpings too, if I could. We make Rice Pudding just like your recipe. I like to sprinkle cinnamon on top before it goes in the oven. I think my MIL used nutmeg, but I / we prefer cinnamon. I think a little cardamon would be terrific too.

I like to add golden raisins that have steeped in hot water first to the pudding as it comes out of the oven. Could also use dried chopped apricots any dried fruit that is light in color. Regular raisins or craisins disclor the pudding. [pink being not so bad] Baked rice pudding one of my favorites. mysterychef.

My local indian restaurant serves a rice pudding that's made with basmati rice, milk, cardamom and tiny shreds of orange rind - it's topped with toasted almond chunks and just fabulous.

I grew up eating the version with egg but have to say I now prefer the variety that is cooked in milk - it's a cream more than a custard.

I like to add golden raisins that have steeped in hot water first to the pudding as it comes out of the oven. Could also use dried chopped apricots any dried fruit that is light in color. Regular raisins or craisins disclor the pudding. [pink being not so bad] Baked rice pudding one of my favorites. mysterychef.

My daughter love rice and bread puddings with raisins. I hate raisins. It is to me, like biting into wet bugs. YUK, YUK, AND YUK!:angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom