Biscuit Baking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChocFingers

Assistant Cook
Hi all!

I baked some Oaty Cookies earlier on and they were a little bit on the soft side.

D'ya think I needed to bake them a little bit longer?

Thanks!

American cookies are sometimes softer then British biscuits, so that might just be as the recipe should be.

Might be a language variance? We do have a few varieties of oatmeal cookies (oatmeal raisin, peanut butter oatmeal), and they are typically rather soft.
Yes, I know - I've made oatmeal-raisin cookies many times. It's hard to tell.

To the OP, we can better help you troubleshoot the problem if you post the entire recipe and what you expected it to be like.

Well American style biscuits are called Cookies in UK and British style is biscuits. I live in Sweden, but I still know that biscuits and cookies are basically the same idea how ever what most of us this side of the pond call cookies are the American types and they are much bigger then a biscuits.

Well American style biscuits are called Cookies in UK and British style is biscuits. I live in Sweden, but I still know that biscuits and cookies are basically the same idea how ever what most of us this side of the pond call cookies are the American types and they are much bigger then a biscuits.
Well I know that, too. Biscuits in the United States, though, are very different. They're typically a lighter dough that rises a lot more than a cookie and are usually savory rather than sweet.

Bottom line is that we still need the OP's recipe in order to troubleshoot the problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom