Broken Glass Cupcakes! recipe...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The site keeps bumping me off, but from what I saw, they're kinda cool.

i'm with ya, B.

i'except i'm only old to young little you-know-whats.

i've eaten glass shards before, or actually drank them. i dated a tgi fridays bartender briefly a long time ago, and one night she broke a glass on the top shelf of a rack of glasses. apparently, she didn't clean them up that well as she served me a frozen margarita in a hurricane glass from the bottom shelf. or so she said.

after a few crunchy sips of the drink, the manager came over and freaked out when i said something to the bartender chick unfortunately and unintentionally loud enough to hear.

i had to fill out this giant form just in case i got sick later on.

it started to turn into a bbc mystery when i later found out that she was living with her boyfriend who happened to be a bartender in the little irish dive next door.

nothing bad ended up happening, neither with the glass nor the little boyfriend as we talked it out. very uncommon for 2 irishmen, especially for a napoleonic man and me, both from the land of poets, scholars, but mostly crazy people.

so yeah, i'll skip the cupcakes.

the baked ones, just for accuracy. :cool:

hmm, i must be old considering that was 23 years ago. :(

Last edited:
I did that for the grand-daughter's birthday cake except we called it ice shards as it was a Frozen cake with the figure of the snowman Olaf on it from a box that held the 2 princess dolls and the moose, which became part of her presents.

Just a warning though, the sugar mixture will start to darken really fast so you have to stay on top of it in order to get clear ice/glass shards.

Back
Top Bottom