Cheats Apple Pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I adore cooking but find baking to be a chore! Not the actual baking but the cleaning up after :LOL:

Here's a simple but yummy recipe for those times when only something warm and sweet will do!

1 Moirs Vanilla cake mix (any brand you would use)
1 tin of pie apples
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of cream
2 tbs of melted butter
2 tsps of ground cinnamon

Mix cake mix according to instructions on packet. Drain and chop the apples and mix with cake batter as well as the cinnamon. Pour the mix into a buttered ovenproof glass dish such as a lasagna dish. Mix melted butter, sugar and cream well till sugar is dissolved.
Pour over cake mix and bake for 1 hour at 360F or till skewer comes out clean when placed in the center of the pudding. Serve with vanilla ice cream, custard or whipped cream.

Thats a pity, they are the best cooking apple because the never go sweet, fresh the have a massive tart apple flavor and the "fall" to make apple sauce or pie fillings in minutes with just a nut of butter in the pan.:)

Thats a pity, they are the best cooking apple because the never go sweet, fresh the have a massive tart apple flavor and the "fall" to make apple sauce or pie fillings in minutes with just a nut of butter in the pan.:)

I know :( This is Africa, we have to be satisfied with other peoples leftovers :LOL:
I use Granny Smiths, they take a bit long to break down but I guess they'll do!
I still add a dash of lemon, love tart apple pie.

Back
Top Bottom