"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 11-02-2015, 08:56 AM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Indeed. If it comes to crab cake, all bets and sharing are off.
Me too!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
I've never understood the 'not sharing' thing, especially if you're an adult. In my mind, good food is most pleasurable when shared with someone you love - or at least like a lot.

That does sound like a delicious cheesecake, Addie.
This cheesecake is VERY rich. My grandson fell in love with it when he was just a kid. I made it every year for the family. So since his birthday is right after the holidays, I started to make it just for him. The rest of the family gets a large pumpkin cheesecake.

My GS does not need all the calories this cheesecake has. That is why I have been wanting to make the smaller one. And it is more personal when it is small.

As for sharing? His father has a sweet tooth that is not to be believed. If he had his way, he would have dessert for his main course and then another different one for his dessert. The first year I made the Chocolate Chip CC, my GS was still living at home. His father would sneak out a couple of times during the night and take a large piece of the cheesecake. So I made a second one for my GS for his birthday. Thus a tradition was started.

He now lives downstairs with his fiancÚ and I am sure he will share it with her.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:18 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
When we eat out I sure don't mind sharing my plate of food with Steve.

When I go out with my Tues. Lunch Bunch I sure mind though. There's one lady that always asks for a taste of food from someone at the table. Unless she has an unused fork, that makes me gag.When one of the ladies is celebrating a birthday they bring a desert for that person and none of us would ever eat it alone! She orders 6 extra forks for her friends.

Heck, I kiss the SousChef everyday so his used fork is ok by me.
Please keep your fork out of my food. If you really want some ask, and I will order a dish for you. I will even pay extra if it is that important to you to have some. I once had someone reach across the table and fished through my food to get a lot of their fork. I immediately stopped eating and picked up my plate and scraped the rest of my food onto their plate. No sense in wasting a whole meal. I just nibbled on the bread for the rest of the meal.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #24
Master Chef

Addi, how about you just make one regular recipe and use to bake your 7" and then get one of those disposable aluminum trays, the small one, fill with the rest of the cake mixture and bake?

Oh, and then give him the small one and let everybody else share the rest. Not only he will get his cake, he will also learn the valuable lesson of sharing.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:28 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Addi, how about you just make one regular recipe and use to bake your 7" and then get one of those disposable aluminum trays, the small one, fill with the rest of the cake mixture and bake?

Oh, and then give him the small one and let everybody else share the rest. Not only he will get his cake, he will also learn the valuable lesson of sharing.
Charlie, the rest of the family will be getting a full size Pumpkin Cheesecake. He won't be getting any of that one. The smaller one is for his birthday. He is closer to 40 y.o. than 30. I think he is a little too old for a lesson in sharing. He will have to share what he gets with his fiancÚ.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

Tags
cake, cheese, cheesecake, chocolate