Chocolate cups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I melted some dark chocolate and then painted it onto cupcake papers making a chocolate cup...I suppose ice cream would be great in there, but was wondering, what would you fill these yummy cups with? Fruit, custard? I want to try something the kids will go woo hoo at...Oh yes, it was messy doing this and boy did I goof here and there, but they turned out nice..The biggest goof!!! Stopped at the store on our way home today..guess what I tripped over? Yup already made dark chocolate dessert cups!!! Way to go Ma...
kades:wacko:

How about making a mixture of cream cheese and cherry pie filling? Put that in the cups, top with whipped cream and a cherry.

Did you use foil muffin "papers" or the paper ones?
I used the foil ones Katie.. Like your idea cream cheese and cherries..Yummers.

Thanks
kadesma:)

Ice cream, egg nog, peanut butter or raspberries. For the ice cream or egg nog, fill the cups & pop em in the freezer to firm up.

Found a recipe for chocolate shopping bags. Will see if I can locate it again.

Ice cream, egg nog, peanut butter or raspberries. For the ice cream or egg nog, fill the cups & pop em in the freezer to firm up.

Found a recipe for chocolate shopping bags. Will see if I can locate it again.
I saw a recipe for an egg nog type custard you cook cool then put it in the cups, but I think I'd like the chocolate cup nice and cold as well..Raspberries and some vanilla ice cream mixed together? Hummm just might do it. Thanks Amy:)
kadesma

Chocolate or vanilla pudding would be my choice if
I didn't have any ice cream sitting around.

Hey, here's another idea. Still with the cream cheese base, stir in some peanut butter. Make a Reese's kind of thing. Serve topped with whipped cream flavored with cocoa, chocolate liqueur and chopped peanuts.

Oh my gosh you guys, all these ideas are so great..I know I'll make one of each:LOL: Thank you

kadesma

Oh boy,
you have me hooked here..I've been looking for a way to entertain the kids..This is perfect...This we will be doing thank you Amy...

Your welcome, Kads. Bet the kids will have fun dunking the balloons. And, no dishes/bowls to wash. :LOL: Now, where's that recipe for chocolate spoons? :ROFLMAO:

Just one more - chocolate cherry bowls.
Chocolate cherry bowl - Recipe - Taste.com.au

Last edited:
Rum Pie filling, Joy of Cooking, 1953, is wonderful in chocolate cups.

I believe in redundancy, excess if best, and, if it's worth doing it's worth over-doing :LOL: - I would fill with chocolate mousse :chef:

I believe in redundancy, excess if best, and, if it's worth doing it's worth over-doing :LOL: - I would fill with chocolate mousse :chef:
Well elf, over doing is no problem for me:LOL: And chocolate mousse, one of my favorite things to eat...emmmmm

kades

I used to do a healthy snacks spot at a local day care where I'd take pre-baked cookie cups. We used to fill them with a mixture of yogurt and whipped topping, then let the kids cut various fruits or grate various nuts over their creation. They loved to sprinkle Jello powder over the top of the fruit, but sprinkles and jimmies were always the biggest hit! Don't know how old your kids are, but any pudding/whip combo would be just as yummy!

Can't get my kids to eat pie filling ...

I used to do a healthy snacks spot at a local day care where I'd take pre-baked cookie cups. We used to fill them with a mixture of yogurt and whipped topping, then let the kids cut various fruits or grate various nuts over their creation. They loved to sprinkle Jello powder over the top of the fruit, but sprinkles and jimmies were always the biggest hit! Don't know how old your kids are, but any pudding/whip combo would be just as yummy!

Can't get my kids to eat pie filling ...
My grandkids range in age from 7 to just turned 2 all four love pudding and whipped cream, sprinkles, can't keep them in the house, they buzz right through them..The fruit and nuts, will work with them as well..Thanks for the idea.

tiramisu!

250396805_6WDdW-M.jpg

250397938_6g2CV-M.jpg

250397235_zUoee-M.jpg

Back
Top Bottom