Chocolate ganache recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He was frisky enough all right, but sadly, I was called in to work. I shall receive MY just rewards tonight. ;-)

The cake was fantastic. The ganache was equally fantastic. Everyone loved it. The twin asked for half the cake to take home which I was glad to give because that cake was huge and I did not spare even half a calorie in the making of it - thought if we tried to eat all that ...we might die. Yeah, I might have gotten lucky tonight but I had to work third shift instead. Ahh, the joys of Nursing. Thanks again.

I'm so glad it worked out! There's something really special about an outrageously abundant B-day cake. I have never tried the Hershey's recipe and am feeling highly motivated :chef:

PrincessFiona60 said:
What type of Nursing do you do, FA?

I am a lowly humble LPN. I work at a long term care facility with short term Rehab services. So, I work at a Nursing Home. I love my little geriatric patients. You can learn lot from them if you're open to it.

Addie said:
Let this be a lesson to you ladies. The cake on the back of the Hershey's Dark Cocoa can is the way to a man's heart. Even Orges. :yum::yum:

Yep. She's right. I can't wait for another excuse to bake another one.

I am a lowly humble LPN. I work at a long term care facility with short term Rehab services. So, I work at a Nursing Home. I love my little geriatric patients. You can learn lot from them if you're open to it.

No such thing as a lowly, humble LPN, you do the same work I do! I am an RN, working in a nursing home with Geriatric patients, Rehab unit and End-of-Life care. I have recently left the floor for a desk job in the MDS Office, performing the nursing assessments for our Medicare patients. I love this group of people and never want to work anywhere else.

:wub:There is no such thing as a lowly nurse, no matter what letters are after your name. Nurses don't get enough credit for all the work they do. Hospitals are built on the backs and hearts of nurses. :wub: :wub:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I don't really have as bad of self esteem issues as it sounds but I do want to remain humble. You never know how people are going to receive your title as a Nurse in general. I love my job, but I have only recently realized the general population USED to trust & respect the medical fields as a whole. Now with the wonderful world wide web, many of them not only distrust & disrespect us but there are entire websites based on "I hate Nurses" or "I hate Nursing". Sadly, so often, we are hated by our own kind. I was also told a couple months ago by my own mother she was thinking about "offing myself if it ever comes to that point, that I have to choose a Nursing home". I have an aunt that hates me now because I'm a Nurse because she hates Nurses & wouldn't you know it - she is the sole caregiver for my only surviving grandmother that I don't get to see because I'm a Nurse. Anyway that's where the humility comes from - from being submerged in a society of hatred with not a lot of support. But its alright. I am a strong woman, full of love. As for the hate - this too, shall pass.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I don't really have as bad of self esteem issues as it sounds but I do want to remain humble. You never know how people are going to receive your title as a Nurse in general. I love my job, but I have only recently realized the general population USED to trust & respect the medical fields as a whole. Now with the wonderful world wide web, many of them not only distrust & disrespect us but there are entire websites based on "I hate Nurses" or "I hate Nursing". Sadly, so often, we are hated by our own kind. I was also told a couple months ago by my own mother she was thinking about "offing myself if it ever comes to that point, that I have to choose a Nursing home". I have an aunt that hates me now because I'm a Nurse because she hates Nurses & wouldn't you know it - she is the sole caregiver for my only surviving grandmother that I don't get to see because I'm a Nurse. Anyway that's where the humility comes from - from being submerged in a society of hatred with not a lot of support. But its alright. I am a strong woman, full of love. As for the hate - this too, shall pass.

Well, this Nurse thinks you are pretty cool. And I love my job.:) We are good people, I get that affirmation with every smile I produce and every person I kick out the door back home. They may dislike me when they arrive, but they love me when they leave.

Eh voila! Chocolate Ganesh!

Ganesh.jpg

Oh...... Never mind.

OK - now that's funny!

Confession: I've been reading this thread about chocolate excess for several days now and last night was finally overcome by chocolate desire....

The Hershey cocoa can recipe intrigued me so I gave it a whirl. It's FAST and easy and uses one bowl. From the time I caved and started making the cake until it was cooling on the counter was 1 hour. Amazing. I slapped some cream cheese icing on it and voila :

12629-albums389-picture4548.jpg

Janet H said:
OK - now that's funny!

Confession: I've been reading this thread about chocolate excess for several days now and last night was finally overcome by chocolate desire....

The Hershey cocoa can recipe intrigued me so I gave it a whirl. It's FAST and easy and uses one bowl. From the time I caved and started making the cake until it was cooling on the counter was 1 hour. Amazing. I slapped some cream cheese icing on it and voila :

Isn't it wonderful!

Isn't it wonderful!

We seemed to have won a lot of folks to the Hershey's cake. And I love cream cheese frosting. It is not as sweet as a regular one. Even the recipe on the back of the can. That cake looks so delicious. To hell with the diet. I want a slice. A big one.

I can't rave enough about the cake. Everyone should make it. Then we can have a thread just for that cake alone.:wub::wub:

The ganache is easy:

1 1/2 cups 60% bittersweet (or semisweet) chocolate, chopped
1 cup heavy (whipping) cream

Place chocolate in a heat resistant bowl. On low heat bring the cream to a low simmer and take off heat immediately before it scalds. Pour the cream over the chocolate and leave for about 5 seconds. Start to gently stir cream into the chocolate with a wooden spoon until it is all melted and smooth.

Let the ganache sit for a few minutes before pouring over the cake or using for dipping.

When pouring over a cake, try to pour all over where you want it and avoid spreading with a spatula as it will affect the sheen.

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums - Janet H's Album: Cake | Plain and Fancy - Picture

12629-albums389-picture3071.jpg
My first post, and I signed up just so I could thank Janet for this recipe. Janet is clearly a Goddess x

Back
Top Bottom