Chocolate Volcano recipe question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobefn

Assistant Cook
I want to try and make Chocolate Volcano but the recipe calls for bittersweet chocolate and Un-Sweet chocolate...My thing is I forgot the Un-sweet and got Semi-Sweet can I use semi~sweet instand? Or does it have to be Un-sweet? thanks for anyhelp.

I've never made volcano, but I really do not see the diference in the making, the result might be a diferent taste, but it should work anyway. I wonder why they recomend un-sweetened one anyway. I say go ahead and use it.

I want to try and make Chocolate Volcano but the recipe calls for bittersweet chocolate and Un-Sweet chocolate...My thing is I forgot the Un-sweet and got Semi-Sweet can I use semi~sweet instand? Or does it have to be Un-sweet? thanks for anyhelp.

Do you have any unsweetened cocoa on hand? If so, you can substitute 3 tablespoons of that and 1 tablespoon of melted butter. This would make up for one ounce of unsweetened chocolate.

Your volcanos should turn out just fine-last Valentine's Day I made some to compliment one of the restaurants chef's specials...I didnt have any thing but semi-sweet---it worked out fine...no one complained out of 240 sold...:chef:

Thanks to everyone for there help. I have one more thing to ask. the recipe calls for 8oz of bittersweet Chocolate how can I finger out if I got 8oz when cut up? Also 2oz of un sweet which I will use semi-sweet.

Actually, a 6 oz package of choc chips is considered 1 cup, so depending on how coarsely you chop that chocolate ... but more is always better in my book! I think more would just yield more lava in this recipe. Yum!

Hi can someone please tell me when I should check the lava cake so I don't over cook it? Like maybe even what temp I should take it out of the oven thanks.

Does the recipe have an approximate baking time and temp? We haven't seen your recipe - only you have :chef:

I would check there first.

Hi it says it takes 16-20 mins but it dep on the oven you use and all that stuff but it dont say what temp to take them out. It's done when the top start to crack and has a glossy top.

I just want to say thanks to everyone on this board the lava cake came out good for my first time and its all thanks to everyone help on here.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom