Christmas goodies...willing to share tnt recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simonbaker

Chef Extraordinaire
Here's an idea....

Christmas is just around the corner. Alot of people will be making all of their traditional Christmas candies & goodies.

This would be a great place to share all those TNT recipies out there. Is anyone willing to share?

Last edited by a moderator:
CWS4322 said:
I'm in. Mind you, my Christmas recipes tend to be Scandinavian and require "special" equipment.

Lol! Have Rosette and Krumkake irons will travel! Bring on the Scandinavian goodie recipes!

I do rosettes, krumkake, dessert flatbread, lefse, but I don't do fattigman (sp). I do Julkake.I'll share my recipes if you'll share yours. Oh, and sandbakkler (sp).

CWS4322 said:
I do rosettes, krumkake, dessert flatbread, lefse, but I don't do fattigman (sp). I do Julkake.I'll share my recipes if you'll share yours. Oh, and sandbakkler (sp).

Oh wow, CWS. A menu from childhood. Yum! Bring it on!

Doesn't Taxlady do Scandinavian recipes? Or was that Danish???

Umm...there are those who claim Danes aren't true Scandinavians...no offense, TaxLady! And, cardamon is key to most of these recipes...except for lefse! I better figure out what is going on with my digital camera because I probably won't be able to explain everything in words...now I want to make krumkake!

Years ago, pre google, I inherited a set of rosette forms, and made the nastiest, greasiest rosettes you would ever see. Was very proud of myself, and gave them out as neighborhood gifts, which I am sure, promptly went into the trash.

So, anyone want my rosette recipe?

Last edited:
Here's an idea....

Christmas is just around the corner. Alot of people will be making all of their traditional Christmas candies & goodies.

This would be a great place to share all those TNT recipies out there. Is anyone willing to share?
Its a good idea SB, I may not follow the religious aspect of christmas but I enjoy the food and the bonhomie it engenders.

Its a good idea SB, I may not follow the religious aspect of christmas but I enjoy the food and the bonhomie it engenders.

Looking forward to all the wonderful recipies no matter what culture they come from. We all love to eat good food.

I'm wondering if this will include the old cookie recipes that we thought were special but have more or less become generic over the years, e.g., date nut bars, Russian teacakes (in my neighborhood) under their various names; sugar cookies to decorate - my SIL made the most wonderful, soft sugar cookies I ever tasted. She once gave me the recipe but I lost it and don't have the nerve to ask for it again. So I'm hoping that maybe Kadesma will have a TNT version.

I probably won't invest in new equipment for seasonal goodies, but I'll enjoy reading the recipes and methods.

I adore rosettes and have a gazillion forms. They just melt in our mouths.

Fattigmans? How come you don't make them? They're yummy and, I think, so easy to make.

Wow - you guys all just listed off a bunch of food I've never heard of! :)

If people are sharing, can I request something? I'd like make-ahead and freezeable Christmas goodies... I have 4 kids ages 6 and under so my life is BUSY to say the least and I feel that if I got my Christmas baking done ahead of time, I could enjoy the holiday more :) So far, I have a recipe for a toffee that goes over saltine crackers and is surprisingly delish.
TIA :)

Given my choice, I prefer Rosettes. I don't know why--but Fattigman doesn't do it for me. Krumkake, on the other hand, I adore! Jess11--traditionally, the Scandinavians have 7 cookies for Christmas. You won't want to make either Krumkake or Rossettes--you have to do them one at a time (I don't like the double Rossette iron), or 2 at a time if you have a double Rossette iron or Krumkake iron. Here are a couple of links that show pics of these:

Scandinavian Rosette Cookies - A Traditional Scandinavian Recipe for Rosette Cookies

How to Make Krumkake - Illustrated Step-by-Step Instructions to Make Norwegian Krumkake Cookies

My krumkake recipe is different (as is my rosette recipe), but this will give you an idea of what they are. And, my krumkake iron and rosette irons were my grandmother's, so they are special. Maybe that's why I am not that found of Fattigman--no tools handed down!

I'm wondering if this will include the old cookie recipes that we thought were special but have more or less become generic over the years, e.g., date nut bars, Russian teacakes (in my neighborhood) under their various names; sugar cookies to decorate - my SIL made the most wonderful, soft sugar cookies I ever tasted. She once gave me the recipe but I lost it and don't have the nerve to ask for it again. So I'm hoping that maybe Kadesma will have a TNT version.

I probably won't invest in new equipment for seasonal goodies, but I'll enjoy reading the recipes and methods.

here is a recipe that i got from a friend a couple years ago and it is really good.

1 cup shorting
1/2 tea. soda
2 cups sugar
2 teas. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 teas. salt
1 cup sour cream
4 teas. baking powder
4 1/2 cups flour

Cream shortening, and sugar together, beat in eggs, vanilla, and sour cream.
in separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix into the wet ingredients.

roll nice and thick, cut with your favorite cutters and bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom