Cookie Crust for Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
i don't want a cookie crumb crust for a cheesecake i will make for thanksgiving. i have a wonderful filling recipe. my question, how would a sugar cookie mix work. just mix up and pat into pan? i think it will work, do you? course would bake before adding filling. :chef:

Last edited:
i don't want a cookie crumb crust for a cheesecake i will make for thanksgiving. i have a wonderful filling recipe. my question, how would a sugar cookie mix work. just mix up and pat into pan? i think it will work, do you? course would bake before adding filling. :chef:

It definitely will work, Babe!:)

I have spread brownie batter on the bottom of my springform and baked it, then topped with my filling and baked again, it worked quite well.

I like using crushed vanilla wafers with butter for my cheesecake crusts as well.

I have spread brownie batter on the bottom of my springform and baked it, then topped with my filling and baked again, it worked quite well.

I like using crushed vanilla wafers with butter for my cheesecake crusts as well.

Mmmmmm, Brownies!

I'm still going to work on a gingersnap crust. It just sounds so yummy.:chef:

Mmmmmm, Brownies!

I'm still going to work on a gingersnap crust. It just sounds so yummy.:chef:

Just do it the same way as a graham cracker crust, any cookie can be subbed. I was thinking about a coconut macaroon crust with a pineapple-macadamia nut cheesecake.

I just mentioned this to Shrek, he wants to know when it will be ready.:LOL:

...I like using crushed vanilla wafers with butter for my cheesecake crusts as well.

I tried this once but I ground the cookies too finely and didn't like the texture. Tasted great though. Next time, I'll leave the crumbs a little coarser.

I tried this once but I ground the cookies too finely and didn't like the texture. Tasted great though. Next time, I'll leave the crumbs a little coarser.

Like you, I tried running vanilla wafers through a food processor to make a crust, but it turned them into dust.

The next time, I used a one gal. ziplock bag and a rolling pin. With a little pounding and a little rolling, I got a much better texture in about the same amount of time, considering cleanup.

Like you, I tried running vanilla wafers through a food processor to make a crust, but it turned them into dust.

The next time, I used a one gal. ziplock bag and a rolling pin. With a little pounding and a little rolling, I got a much better texture in about the same amount of time, considering cleanup.

Yeah. That was going to be my next try. I don't make cheesecake a lot because I enjoy eating it too much.

That's what I did, plus I still had a little bit more butter melted so I added it. WRONG! I had a gooey mess at the bottom of my pudding. Delicious, but very gooey.

I guess I'll have to do it a few cookies at a time and pour them out. I use a blender that I bought for this and because it's good for so many other things. I have a tiny kitchen and the blender fits just fine.

Yes, you don't want them too fine, more coarse is best. My food processor isn't the best, so they don't turn to dust very quickly.

I like the vanilla wafers for my white chocolate raspberry swirl cheesecake. The original recipe called for chocolate, but I felt that the chocolate was too strong of a flavor for this cheesecake.

Back
Top Bottom