ekactiurF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcSaute

Head Chef
ekactiurF

yeah, it has to be 'hidden' - people have feelings about this stuff.
perhaps Admin will open up a private by invitation only section for ekactiurF type discussions . . .
someplace where "can we talk?" without being thrown off the Net.

anyway, Christmas is coming - so it's time to start thinking about ekactiurFs - I like to brandy mine and that takes a little seasoning time.

I have a couple recipes from my grandmother/great grandmother, a couple from the WW2 years ("butter-less" / sugar-less - heavy on the eggs...)

some I've dressed up with more exotic dried/candied fruits and nuts ala macadamias....

any other ekactiurF baking fans?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I know what you're on about lol! I like currants instead of the raisins, adding loads of dates, glace cherries and ginger instead and I opt for Spiced Rum instead of the Brandy :)
I can't stand cooked raisins "AKA dried flies :P" I make my own so that I don't have to pick them out!

I used to make them but now I buy one from an outfit in Texas that is pretty good.

I have to pull the shades and eat it in private or risk the ridicule and shame heaped on me by family and friends.

No booze on mine though. I do make at least one batch of hot nutmeg sauce to pour over one serving. The rest I eat plain with extra sharp cheddar cheese.

sheesh...

yo' Mod-aline - somebody please edit
"Admin will open up a private my invitation only"
to
"Admin will open up a private by invitation only"

I'm not really that big an . . . uh, whatever . . .

I work in the bakery at Costco and we will soon be making 1500-2000 of those F%@*&^g (my way to spell it) things and I can't stand them. Much the same as I don't like apple or pumpkin pie

I work in the bakery at Costco and we will soon be making 1500-2000 of those F%@*&^g (my way to spell it) things and I can't stand them. Much the same as I don't like apple or pumpkin pie

That's how I feel about maple bars.

For those of use who haven't figured out the "conundrum", please explain the acronym.

Is it some kind of fruitcake?

The same one has been making the rounds through my family for three generations. I think aunt Joyce has it right now and will be regifting it to cousin Elmo.

I have to admit to never having made one [blushes]. I may try it this year - I'll ask Mum for my Grandma's recipe. Whatever the recipe it will be "watered" weekly with some form of alcohol!

Unscramble the letters in "ekactuirF" Starting with F arrange the letters in a different order and you get the answer :)

Thank you, Snip. It was driving me nuts. I kept thinking it was some kind of acronym with a word represented by each letter.

Back
Top Bottom