Favorite dessert, I think you ought to post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is another favorite that is quick & easy. Plus, you can play with it some. I have one in the oven now & I used a German chocolate cake mix.

Peanut Butter Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1C water
1/2C creamy or crunchy peanut butter*

Mix together cake mix, eggs, water, & peanut butter in large bowl of electric mixer. Mix for 5 minutes on medium speed. Turn into greased 9X13 1/3 inch tube pan**. Bake in 350 F oven for 50-55 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan & cool completely. This recipe will make 36 cupcakes.

Recipe by Margaret Kelly of the Volunteer Auxiliary at Baptist Medical Center Easley.

*I use closer to 3/4C peanut butter
**I bake mine in a bundt pan

Most of the time I just use a plain powdered sugar glaze on the cake. I have melted peanut butter & added to the glaze also. If I am taking the cake somewhere or just want to add a special touch, I sprinkle chopped peanuts on top before the glaze sets.

marmalady said:
Can't remember if I've posted this before, but here goes again! This is so rich and creamy, and even tho the recipe calls it a 'custard', it's more like a reallly dense pudding -

TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CUSTARD

1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder (recommended: Dutch-process)
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
3 cups whole milk
3 cups half-and-half
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
3 ounces white chocolate, chopped

In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. In a thin stream, whisk in the milk until smooth. In a thin stream, whisk in the half-and-half until smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a saucepan. Over medium heat, whisking the mixture constantly, bring to a boil. Boil gently for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the bittersweet chocolate and vanilla. Fill a large bowl with ice cubes, rest the saucepan on top, and add cold water to cover the ice cubes. Let the mixture cool, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes. Fold in the white chocolate and pour the mixture into 1-cup ramekins, cups, or mugs. Refrigerate until well chilled. The recipe can be made up to 2 days in advance. Serve cold.

yum, this'll have to be the accompaniment for the KK bread pudding I make for Valentines. Gad this sounds soooooo rich and heavenly. :!:

crewsk said:
Here is another favorite that is quick & easy. Plus, you can play with it some. I have one in the oven now & I used a German chocolate cake mix.

Peanut Butter Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1C water
1/2C creamy or crunchy peanut butter*

Mix together cake mix, eggs, water, & peanut butter in large bowl of electric mixer. Mix for 5 minutes on medium speed. Turn into greased 9X13 1/3 inch tube pan**. Bake in 350 F oven for 50-55 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan & cool completely. This recipe will make 36 cupcakes.

Recipe by Margaret Kelly of the Volunteer Auxiliary at Baptist Medical Center Easley.

*I use closer to 3/4C peanut butter
**I bake mine in a bundt pan

Most of the time I just use a plain powdered sugar glaze on the cake. I have melted peanut butter & added to the glaze also. If I am taking the cake somewhere or just want to add a special touch, I sprinkle chopped peanuts on top before the glaze sets.

this sounds so easy and so good, I like the simplicity of it and it doesn't sound overly sweet either. Good job for posting it! :idea:

Caine said:
LEFSElover said:
Caine, what city/state/town do you live in that you have such easy access to the strawberry's you describe?
I live just outside Oxnard, California, the strawberry capital of the world. http://www.strawberry-fest.org/

Most people don't know this, but we get two crops of strawberries every year, so you can get fresh strawberries here all year around, but the best ones are the first crop, which they usually start picking in April.

that's exactly where I figured you lived. I lived in Camarillo for 8 years and worked the Strawberry Festival for many of those years. It's a great time for sure. Living in Camarillo, we have/had lot's of strawberry fields too. Those long stem huge ones are wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom