"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 12-20-2006, 12:22 AM   #11
Head Chef

Your peanut butter balls looked beautiful. I have made the peanut butter ball with a recipe similar to yours. They really scream to be coated. Do you have any trouble with the peanut butter balls getting soft and melting in the warm chocolate? Do they need to be chilled first? I was thinking about using chocolate bark. How does that toothpick thing work?

Old 12-20-2006, 12:27 AM   #12
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirBlue
Your peanut butter balls looked beautiful. I have made the peanut butter ball with a recipe similar to yours. They really scream to be coated. Do you have any trouble with the peanut butter balls getting soft and melting in the warm chocolate? Do they need to be chilled first? I was thinking about using chocolate bark. How does that toothpick thing work?
Thank you.

No there are no problems with the peanut butter ball melting, because I add so much powdered sugar. I think I added a little under 2 pounds of powdered sugar... well actually I'm not positive... I got sick of using the extremely small scale so I just poured until I felt it was good enough. Anyways the balls should hold together and be firm enough that they wont mold just by being picked up.

Now for the toothpick trick, all I did was put the ball in the chocolate, roll it around with the toothpick without piercing it, and then when it was completely covered, I poked the toothpick far in enough that it would hold sideways on the toothpick. Then i just slowly moved it to the sheet beside me, and placed it on the sheet, and just carefully twisted the toothpick while pulling up but not taking the ball far off the sheet.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:23 PM   #13
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
So I baked the cookies in from the first post again. These are the normal cookies (no green).

That is one of 3 trays I made.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp cookies.bmp (150.1 KB, 152 views)
Old 09-03-2007, 05:10 PM   #14
Assistant Cook

Thumbs up

The peanut butter ones are a bit tedious to make aren't they? They are called "Buckeyes" here, and are pretty popular around the holidays. Your things look very nice!
Old 09-26-2007, 03:41 PM   #15
Head Chef

Got to try some of these cookies! Thanks
Old 09-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Gobo! It's time you start thinking of opening your candy shop. The peanut butter balls and truffles look delicious! You might want to sign up for the next cooking challenge on foodnetwork. There's usually dessert challenges where winners get lots of $$ and reputation. Then you'll be ready to go off to culinary school to open your very own business. Keep it up! Good luck.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:00 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Those look great Gobo much better looking than some of the truffles Ive made before.I cant believe a little punk like you can make them nicer than meYou are a natural.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #18
Head Chef

Hard Candy added to the first page
Old 02-25-2008, 11:56 PM   #19
Assistant Cook

Thumbs up

These are all so neat! I'd like to try several of them. Thanks for sharing with us!
Old 02-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #20
Head Chef

I made another batch of the candy this morning. This time it is watermelon flavoured. :D

Tags
None