"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #31
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboenomo View Post
Thank you :).

That must have been rough not baking at all :(.

You are going to make cake decorations? Or decorate cakes? Either way, looking forward to seeing some :).
I don't eat a lot of it either when I am baking, but being a baker I was finding I was actually inhaling icing sugar while beating it in my KA. I have to stay away from it for awhile. I have a particular yeast allergy and yeast feeds on sugar. I need to free myself from anything related to sugar for at least 6 months and bring it back slowly. I have decided abstaining from baking is good for my health.

I have been decorating cakes for several years now. I had pictures on my profile but they aren't there at the moment. When I have a chance I will repost them and let you know. I am planning to make flowers and other decorations to teach myself new techniques. When I am ready to start baking again I am hoping I will have a good repertoire of decorations and will have figured out my style. I want to try several techniques such as painting on fondant, making molds out of lace, buttons, etc. and attempting flowers I haven't done before.

It is really hard resisting the urge to bake, but I made it easy for myself by giving away my ingredients. I would have to go to the store and buy more and then be accountable to my naturopath and my husband. My health comes first. But I have so many things I want to try.

Maybe I could tell you and you could do them for me!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #32
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I don't eat a lot of it either when I am baking, but being a baker I was finding I was actually inhaling icing sugar while beating it in my KA. I have to stay away from it for awhile. I have a particular yeast allergy and yeast feeds on sugar. I need to free myself from anything related to sugar for at least 6 months and bring it back slowly. I have decided abstaining from baking is good for my health.

I have been decorating cakes for several years now. I had pictures on my profile but they aren't there at the moment. When I have a chance I will repost them and let you know. I am planning to make flowers and other decorations to teach myself new techniques. When I am ready to start baking again I am hoping I will have a good repertoire of decorations and will have figured out my style. I want to try several techniques such as painting on fondant, making molds out of lace, buttons, etc. and attempting flowers I haven't done before.

It is really hard resisting the urge to bake, but I made it easy for myself by giving away my ingredients. I would have to go to the store and buy more and then be accountable to my naturopath and my husband. My health comes first. But I have so many things I want to try.

Maybe I could tell you and you could do them for me!
Hahaha, well maybe I could be open to this idea. Of course this would depend on what you're asking me to make, and the availability of the ingredients. I am lucky enough to live across the street from a wal-mart, grocery superstore, and a bulk food/baking shop. But these places are still very limited as I often find myself having to order things online anyway.

I could use something to make tomorrow. It's been almost a week since I have made something outside of work. If you have an idea go ahead and throw it out there. :) <-- shocked cyclops face XD

Old 01-23-2013, 02:18 AM   #33
Certified Cake Maniac

Have posted some of my cakes in my profile. I have some more of my better ones, but need to shut down for the night. Please give me your honest comments.

As for an idea, I will have to think on that but it will probably come to me in the middle of the night!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:42 AM   #34
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Quote:
Have posted some of my cakes in my profile. I have some more of my better ones, but need to shut down for the night. Please give me your honest comments.

As for an idea, I will have to think on that but it will probably come to me in the middle of the night!
Oh wow! Those are great! I especially like 3, 7 and 18.

I have made plenty of cakes before, but I have never decorated or worked with a fondant before.

What flavours were those 3 cakes? Wish I could have tried some.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 AM   #35
Certified Cake Maniac

I have written comments on all the cakes with their flavours.

Oh, have you ever made turkish delight? I have been searching all over for a recipe even close to the one my grandmother used to make. Have been unsuccessful to date and she never wrote anything down.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:52 AM   #36
Head Chef

Quote:
I have written comments on all the cakes with their flavours.

Oh, have you ever made turkish delight? I have been searching all over for a recipe even close to the one my grandmother used to make. Have been unsuccessful to date and she never wrote anything down.
No, I never have. In fact I think I've only ever had one once. That is the chocolate covered gummy bar right?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #37
Sous Chef

Goboenomo.. wonderful thread! Just popping in to say that my child and I both play Minecraft (him a lot, me a little) I'll have to see what server you are on and come find you!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #38
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
Goboenomo.. wonderful thread! Just popping in to say that my child and I both play Minecraft (him a lot, me a little) I'll have to see what server you are on and come find you!
Thank you, Merlot.

Most of my minecrafting lately has been on the xbox 360 version. I'm always wanting to play the PC version, but my buddies always want to go back to stupid xbox.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #39
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboenomo View Post
Thank you, Merlot.

Most of my minecrafting lately has been on the xbox 360 version. I'm always wanting to play the PC version, but my buddies always want to go back to stupid xbox.
My hubby (TB) has his own server for his brother, 4 nephews and some friends. If you were interested I am sure he would let you in. Merlot too!

Old 01-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #40
Head Chef

Quote:
My hubby (TB) has his own server for his brother, 4 nephews and some friends. If you were interested I am sure he would let you in. Merlot too!
Sure, I could go take a look. Are they playing survival or creative?

Tags
None