Goboenomo's Baking Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohh okay. Those are some... interesting flavours. I would have to aim for some non traditional flavours there. Do you have any idea what flavour the Big Turk gellee is?

I think the "Big Turk" is supposed to mimic the traditional rosewater flavour but I am not sure what they used. My grandmother made rosewater, but my favourite were a type with nuts, a citrus flavour and a mint one.

I am going to my favourite bulk food store tomorrow where they sell all sorts of ethnic and local items. I am going to get a bottle of rosewater and maybe try this again. Maybe between us we can figure it out! :chef:

I think the "Big Turk" is supposed to mimic the traditional rosewater flavour but I am not sure what they used. My grandmother made rosewater, but my favourite were a type with nuts, a citrus flavour and a mint one.

I am going to my favourite bulk food store tomorrow where they sell all sorts of ethnic and local items. I am going to get a bottle of rosewater and maybe try this again. Maybe between us we can figure it out! :chef:

Hm. I don't see myself enjoying a mint, or a nut turkish delight. I do remember enjoying the Big Turk.... Maybe I'll look into some rosewater aswell. Perhaps do a few chocolate coats and a few non.

My hubby (TB) has his own server for his brother, 4 nephews and some friends. If you were interested I am sure he would let you in. Merlot too! :)

Sure just let me know :) My server keeps messing up :/

I put together a short slideshow of my baking pictures from this thread and added some pleasant music.

Very nice!

I got some rose water and orange blossom water today so may try turkish delight this weekend. I will let you know how it goes.

Hey guys, here's a few more things I have made recently and remembered to take pictures of.

Brownies with peppermint icing topped with chocolate and candy cane chunks.
img_1276107_0_f92a027dd1831f2ad9ed64b06b30c635.jpg

Smores ice cream on a sticky bun

img_1276107_1_6a32394cbad96f2f68b97800dd0e0b73.jpg

Angel Food Cake

img_1276107_2_d462d7eeaf7f6609bf5e3b2adabf14e1.jpg

My first ever attempt at piping icing. Vanilla cupcakes with banana buttercream daffodils.

img_1276107_3_2f25fe6206d26adddab55aec4825e5a2.jpg

img_1276107_4_c28f49a1b1b1fbe9e7cc2dde09b0f72d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom