I need a Halfmoon or Black/White cookie recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aunt Bea

Master Chef
Could anyone help me find a recipe for Halfmoon or Black/Whie cookies. I am really interested in the frosting part. The traditional ones have a shiny glaze that is similar to a fondant. I am not sure how this is done in the home kitchen.
Thanks for your help.

while I've not made these myself, perhaps the effect you are looking for can be achieved by using a thinner frosting and do the frosting while the cookies are still warm so the icing melts a bit on the cookie.

My black and whites are dark chocolate fudgy cookies rolled in icing sugar. They get that nice white cracked look when they bake. Doesn't sound like that is what you are looking for, but if you want the recipe I'll post it later.

Annie,
This is exactly what I am looking for! The sheen of both the white and black side is perfect. I will give it a go and let you know how they come out. Many thanks for your kind assistance.

Annie,
This is exactly what I am looking for! The sheen of both the white and black side is perfect. I will give it a go and let you know how they come out. Many thanks for your kind assistance.

My fee is one black-and-white cookie!;)

Back
Top Bottom