I need dessert ideas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Next week my "girls' night out" group is going to a Mediterranean restaurant, followed by dessert at my house. I'm not sure what to make them.

My first thought was to make something Mediterranean...and then it occurred to me that maybe these ladies may not even like the food, and would welcome something different afterward.

So, now I'm wanting 2 desserts, perhaps one of each, but they must complement each other, since some of us will be wanting both.

Any suggestions? (recipes, please!)

My dd is making something new to me for Easter Dinner, a Zinger cake. I'll let you know how it is.

How about "make-your-own" ice cream sundaes, with a bunch of great toppings?

Nothing to do with Mediterranean, but who doesn't love that?

Lee

How come Buckytom's the only one who provided recipes? (hint hint)

Actually, that sounds really good. I may try to whip it up over the weekend, and see how I do.

What would be a good accompanying dish that's more of a common dessert?

Q- I didn't see your posting - ice cream would be great, but since we're all moms, generally we tend to stay away from it, as it's always at our b-day parties!

Oh, okay, jkath. Well, I have a million dessert recipes - all kinds of monkey breads, cheesecakes, puddings, mousses, etc., but I just learned today that there is a thing called Buttermilk Pie! It sounds light, wonderful and so different to me that I can't wait to try one of the many recipes I found on the internet!

Here's a link to one. http://southernfood.about.com/od/chesspies/r/blbb592.htm

Lee

awww, jkath, i'm less than great at dessert recipes.... cheesecake sounds great to me! or a crumble, like an apple or other fruit crumble.

Heck if I know, Jkath.

Am the only person on the planet who never eats dessert.

But one idea that comes to mind, and it is fairly simple, is a creme brulee and maybe a cheese and fruit plate. Strawberries, kiwi fruit, some other stuff, and some nice cheeses, that kinda thing.

Very simple, but in my mind elegant.

Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom