Ice Cream question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pooky

Assistant Cook
Hi all -

Gonna be making some ice cream in a few days and have decided to go for a peanut butter type affair. I was toying with going for just peanut butter ice cream (i.e completely mixing the peanut butter into the base), but have decided to do a peanut butter and chocolate fudge swirl.

My problem is, even though i've gone for the smoothest peanut butter I could find, I think it's still too heavy for producing a decent swirl. I was thinking about using a bit of single or double cream as a thinner, but I don't really want to give the peanut butter a texture similar to the ice cream.

So, my question is - what to do? Can it be melted down like the fudge, or, if not, is there a way of making it "gloopy" enough to swirl properly as opposed to just coagulating at the bottom?

Cheers

Actually, if you heat peanut butter up you can seriously liquify it. Another methood is to add more oil, but that might affect the final product. I would just melt it in a double boiler and try that OR buy those peanut butter chi-ps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom