I'm Just Here for More Food (food*mixing+heat=baking)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russell

Senior Cook
I saw this recipe in IJCBFMF (by alton brown)for chocolate chip cookies. and i changed it around. they were really good and all of my relatives LOVED them. and i know they weren't just saying that, becuase one of my mom's friends daughter who is (pardon my language) a b*, loved them too. here it is:
Ingred:
Wet: Sugar: 3/4 cup
Brown Sugar: 3/4 cup
Butter: 2 sticks, softened
Egg Yolks: 2, large
Vanilla Extract: 1 tsp
Dry: AP Flour: 2 cups and 2 tbsp
Baking Soda: 1 tsp
Salt: 1 tsp
Choc Chips: Whatever looks right to you ;)

Preheat Oven: 375 F

Cream Butter and both sugares together using a paddle attachment, or beaters. Once fully combined add egg yolks and baking soda. Then add vanilla extract. After, add the salt. When it is all combined, and the flour. Once it looks like little pellets, you are almost there. just mix it a little longer until it starts to clump up, then stop and form into a ball with yours hands. Ball them into 1.5 in balls and put them on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 17 minutes.

If you have this cook book, you will noticed i alter how the butter is prepared, the process in which you combine the butter, and the amount of flour.

Hi Miguzi, I just want to know if these cookies turn out chewy or crunchy? Thanks. I personally prefer chewy and am always on the look out for better recipes for chewy CCCs!

I've been making AB's chewy CCC recipe where he uses bread flour instead of AP, and he uses 1 whole egg + 1 egg yolk instead of your 2 egg yolks.

they are crunchy, which is the way i LOVE them. i know you can get them chewey, if you add more brown sugar. also if you put a piece of bread with them in an air tite container.

Back
Top Bottom