"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 01-10-2005, 06:52 PM   #11
Certified Executive Chef

You are on the other side of the pond, kyles, so you may not have access to this, but my best friend is a long time attendee of weight watchers and they use koolwhip (fake whipping cream) and mix with a package of diet hot cocoa mix and make a mousse. I have had it and it is not bad.

Old 01-10-2005, 08:21 PM   #12
Master Chef

My DH has been on South Beach on and off for about the last year with really good results. This is one of the recipies they suggest for Phase One (the strictest phase). DH didn't like it the way the book calls for it so I doctored it up a bit and came up with some variations. He said it reminds him of cheesecake without crust.

Base:
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp sugar-free substitute (splenda, equal)

Mix-Ins (any combination of the following):
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp coconut extract
1/2 tsp orange extract
1/2 tsp mint extract
1 tsp Torani sugar-free flavored syrups (hubby liked raspberry, combined with the cocoa powder)
Other flavor combos--orange, chocolate-orange, chocolate, chocolate-mint, chocolate-coconut, vanilla.

Mix together all of the ingredients with an electric mixer or immersion blender (I used the immersion blender). Mix for a good couple of minutes to make it as creamy and fluffy as possible.

Divide into two dessert glasses (I use martini glasses) and top each with 1 Tbsp low-fat Cool-whip and 5 mini chocolate chips (optional).

Serves 2
(I'd make one for him to have then and cover the other--without the cool-whip and chips--with saran and save for the next night. It saved on work for me that way!)

Tags
None