ISO Marx Brothers cheesecake recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcannaday

Assistant Cook
Ok, was reading about cheesecakes on here and had an idea, funny how those things happen sometimes. Years ago, I had a recipe I copied out of a Bon Appetite (sp) magazine for Marx Brothers cheesecake, from the Marx Brothers restaurant in Alaska, great cheescake. I have since lost it. I was hoping someone might have that recipe and could give it to me. Thanks in advance. David.:wacko:

Nope, no directions. Should we add them here?

Blend first 3 ingredients together and press into bottom of springform pan.
Blend rest of ingredients together until consistency is smooth. Pour into springform and bake for about an hour in a 350 oven. Cake is done when top is dry looking right to the center and "bounces back" when touched. (Bain marie directions anyone? I've never used one so I haven't a clue)

My question is 6pk (8oz) cream cheese. Are we suggesting 48 oz of cream cheese in this recipe? That CAN'T be right. I could see 2 or 3 but not 6.

Ok, found a place with a recipe that looks like what I remember, altho at my age what do I remember? Hmmm, can't post a URL. And yes it does call for 3 lbs of cream cheese lol. That is why it is soooo good. Why I did not google it, I do not know, just kept checking the recipes at Bon Appetite. Thanks everyone. David. Oh and Stacey, it was not just you on the directions. I see you are a fellow Texan. I now live in N Carolina, but will always be a Texan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom