ISO Pudding Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, that sounds great....I'm going to remember that and try it out soon I hope!

Hi MicheleMarie I doubt you have all these ingredients on hand but when I have a lot of milk I go for this rice pudding recipe. It is made with nothing but regular milk which sounds like you have a lot of.

You most definitely need the nuts and cardamom (even if you skip the saffron). It's exotic but very very good.

Milk - I use almost 1/2 a gallon or a gallon if you have 2%. You have to actually cook down the milk almost reduce it in half by cooking it slowly for almost half an hour to an hour. Cook some rice (only a 1/4 cup or so until it's mushy). Add the rice to the reduced milk and continue to cook for another 30-40 minutes (requires a good amount of elbow grease).

Add sugar to taste, cardamom powder (freshly ground) and saffron threads (if you have it). Cook for another 10 minutes or so until the milk is thick and coats a spoon.

Add assorted nuts - I like sweet almonds and pistachios chopped and added to it. Chill it prior to serving. It is incredibly creamy and the flavors of cardamom and saffron make it almost sinfully good.

I took it to my friends house and her husband who grew up in the farms of the midwest and had no exposure to different foods fought with his wife over it and eat it all up (he is a big guy :)).

Another suggestion
Bread and Butter Pudding
2 oz dried apricots
Good dash of brandy
12 thin slices buttered white bread
450gm jar mince meat
2 oz castor sugar
3 large eggs
¼ pint double cream
½ pint milk
Demerara sugar for topping
Butter a shallow ovenproof dish.
Cut the apricots into fairly small pieces and soak in the brandy.
Cut the crusts off the bread and make them into triangular mincemeat sandwiches cut into 4. Arrange these around the ovenproof dish and scatter the apricots over the top.
Beat the sugar, eggs, milk and cream together and pour over the bread.
Leave to soak for at least an hour, longer if you wish.
Sprinkle Demerara sugar over the top.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180o/gas4/fan 160o for approx 40 mins until crisp and golden.
Serve with crème fraiche or custard ( with some Bailey’s added to the custard)
I cooked this for the Village Lunch Club and they loved it.
and this

Billington's - White Ladies Pudding

Last edited:
if anyone is interested in another south african sweet I've posted a recipe for koeksisters .... give it a look :)

thanx
oh and here is the picture for the milk tart .... sorry i 4got 2 put in on the recipe

Attachments

• milktartpic.jpg
    milktartpic.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 118
Caramel Custard

Escoffier recipe:Caramel Custardis a cold dessert served at the end of the meal.It can be served with cold.It is a cool,sweet and tasty dessert.It is a dessert prepared by steaming.Its texture is soft,smooth like a velvette.

Caramel Custard: Recipe-4nos

Milk-500ml
Egg-2nos
Powder Sugar-150gms
Gelatine-5gms
Fresh red cherry-5gms
Silver foil-1/2mtr

Direction:Boil the milk and cool it.Whisk the egg and add to the cool milk.Mix it well.add the powder sugar.Melt the gelatine and cool it,add to it.Mix it gently.Melt the 10gms of sugar at 162 degree in heat.pour it in the mould and grease it.Pour the custard mixture in to it.Wrape it with the silver foil and steam it for 30mins to 45mins.Then remove from the heat.Cool it in fridge and serve it cold after demoulding it.At the top u find the carmel colour.Garnish it with fresh red cherry.serve it now.Try this

Back
Top Bottom