"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 04-02-2006, 03:32 AM   #11
Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to darlenemt08
Alix,

I had to edit my post and added that I needed recipes only with the Lemon Cook 'N Serve pudding. I noticed that I didn't make myself clear enough about what I specifically was looking for.

The Amish Friendship Bread recipe I have has instant pudding in it, not the Cook 'N Serve kind. I've made this bread many times with different flavors of pudding. I even have the starter for it, thanks to a Dear Abby or Ann Landers column several years ago.

I'm anxious to see what you can find for me. Any help would be appreciated from you or anybody else. After trying the recipes here at home first, I may like certain ones enough to where I'll end up making them again. LOL

Darlene

Old 04-02-2006, 06:49 AM   #12
Head Chef

A quick dessert I have on hand at all time :
Frozen pound cake
frozen berries ( rasberry, strawberries ,mixed berry) or pie filling of choice
Cool whip
cream cheese/
almond extract

all I do is mix soften cream cheese with container of coolwhip add about 1/4 -1/2 tsp of almond extract, cut the cake lengthwise in to 3rds to make 3 layers- spread on the cream cheese mixture and replace layers. i don't frost the outside. keep in refridgerator
Then when ready to serve slice across into approx 1/2 inch slices and top with the thawed fruit or pie filling with a little dab of whip cream or cool whip

My favorite is taking the cherry pie filling adding alittle almond extract to the can of cherries for the topping.

i also have done this with just the cake and a coolwhip and can pie filling alone. Had to have a dessrt to take to a picnic so grabbed the ingrediets and out the door I went and made it up when it time for dessert just slicing the cake plain adding a spoon of pie filling and topping with cool whip .

Old 04-02-2006, 08:26 AM   #13
Executive Chef

I really like that quick idea and things that are always on hand, too. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:46 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Quizzie
darlene;

Using your pudding recipe( if you must use cook pudding)
2 boxes lemon pudding
1 shortbread pie crust
2 tubs cool whip (use heavy cream, if you want homemade)
1 lemon

Make pudding accordinaly, take half mixture and fill bottom
of 9inch pie. Take remainder and mix with 1 tub coolwhip ( equivalent to 1 box of pudding). Thoroughly mix together, put that atop of first topping. you will have a 2 layer dessert, until you add the remainder of cool whip to top off the dessert. Gives you a 3 layer lemon cream pie use the zest of the lemon to dress the pie's appearance. ( DELICIOUS) MAKE NOTE: Using heavy cream for whipped topping is much thicker and more pleasing to the consumers eye.

Darlene I own my own bar and grill , although time is an issue this dessert is also much fluffier when using instant pudding. This is one of the favorites and often asked to sell this pie whole. Weddings, showers,receptions, rehersals.. you name it they order it..

I have plenty more, lemon and choc, all kinds unimaginable and unheard of.. At QUIZZIE'S BAR AND GRILL "if they say-- they've tasted it before.. we make it.." GOOD LUCK BABE!

Old 04-18-2006, 05:50 PM   #15
Master Chef

Another great recipe for using the pudding/pie filling is to take and already baked sponge, white, yellow, or lemon cake, stap the top all over the place with toothpicks, and slowly pour the pudding over the top, allowing it to soak into the cake. Frost with a lemon-flavored cream-cheese frosting, or lemon frosting. Refrigerte and serve cold. This is tried and true. But mine was made with the instant pudding version. But the cooked version should work well. Just don't cook until full thickend.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:07 PM   #16
Executive Chef

How about:

Trifle - lemon pudding, pound cake, blueberry pie filling & whipped cream.

Pudding parfaits - same as above, w/o the pound cake - try crushed graham crackers or chopped walnuts.

Mini Lemon Pudding Mousses (meece, mices, lol).

Lemon Pudding-filled crepes with whipped cream & fruit topping.

These look delish -- use lemon pudding instead:

http://www.kozyshack.com/recipes.html?id=1
Warm Caramel Pear Martini

http://www.kozyshack.com/recipes.html?id=21
Black Forest Cherry Dessert (Make a Lemon Forest)

http://www.kozyshack.com/recipes.html?id=15
Lemon Pudding S'mores

http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?...ecipe_id=51103
Angel Lush Cake

Tags
None