Just Desserts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
I cant think of the last time I had dessert. I dont care for it. Never have really. :roll: I figure, why cram my pie hole with cake when I can have another helping of BBQ?!
Are you like me or do you look forward to dessert? Is a sweet ending the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? :shock:

Yes! If I had a choice between dinner or dessert...Let me eat cake.

I prefer the savory and rarely have dessert. If I feel like something sweet, it is usally with coffee mid morning or afternoon. The only time I parepare a dessert is when I have guests for dinner.

I'd eat vanilla bean ice cream every day of every week if I could.

But, I love a good baked potato too.

irishtravel1 said:
I am a chocoholic so bring me dessert any day.

Im a bit of a chocoholic too, only for alcohol. (sorry, I just love making that joke... its from an old onion article)

Personally I dont have much of a sweet tooth and when I end up having cake or pie or such it is more as a meal (with lots of milk) instead of a dessert, which I dont know if its worse or healthier.

My favorite meal/dessert is bitter chocolate ice cream in a bowl with cereal and milk. It take's some some of the sweet off it and makes a great crunchy, refreshing snack.

(looking around) OH! HERE is my topic! Funny me I though I put it in the GENERAL DISCUSSION area! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Anyhew Lugaru, Im with ya! I enjoy bitter sweet chocolate. Its very seductive. It just tastes great. Milk chocolate is far to sweet for me. ;)

If I am going out of my way to cook dinner (this doesn't mean special occasions, just more than run of the mill dinner, like when girlfriend is up) then I can't stand to cook dinner without at least a little something planned for dessert, even if it just store bought ice-cream with crushed Maltesers over the top.

Dessert is not always a given, but we do like it. Always have dessert when we have company over for a big feed. Then there is all the desserts we try out or practice on for competitions.

We have some award winning desserts too!

We don't really do much with dessert here.

Even when I do bake something, it's usually gone within 24 hours, between the older boys and my MIL. I've seen her cut 1/4 of a 12" cake and eat it right there. When I asked her why she was taking that much, she said, "Because I won't get any of it if I don't!" I was going to give her that much to take home, but after she ate it right then and there, I didn't give her any.

I'm one of those people when they go out to eat choose their main course on the basis of what will go with the dessert I've chosen!!!

I am improving though, and have been known to forgo dessert in my advancing years, however I do have a very sweet tooth.

Although I don't like rich creamy desserts anymore, except for creme brulee. I love ice cream and I like fruit based desserts, but things like death by chocolate cake do nothing for me.

The other day at an Italian restaurant after quite a large pizza I had a small bowl of marscapone with some syrup soaked tiny little figs and an espresso, divine.

mudbug said:
Life is not worth living without ice cream.

Deep fried ice cream, that's the trick.....

Also, try adding about a teaspoon of chilli juice to your chocolate cake.

Everybodies entitled to make little mistakes, even Sushi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom