"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 01-11-2005, 10:24 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
Did you hear we're trying to lose weight?
wasabi i'm in the same boat lol... they're killing me here

Old 01-11-2005, 12:25 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine
The only thing that bothered me about this recipe was adding 1/2 cup of sugar to a dozen or so Krispy Kreme doughnuts, which are already about 95% sugar. Just reading it made my teeth itch. You didn't get this recipe from your dentist by any chance, did you?
oh that is funny. actually, my dentist Dave Firestone in Bel Aire used to set out cans of Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies on his coffee stand before we'd go in for our appointment. I am soooooooo not lying about this, but no, this one's not from him (this time )
And I noticed that about the sugar too, which (when I make) which will be for Valentines fondue with our best friends, here for dinner (if this dang kitchen ever gets done :x ) will be sans most of that sugar. I agree, they are completely sweet enough on their own. << But I do want the custard to be sweet and not like scrambled eggs in flavor, so???
:?

and Wasabi, I am one of those going to the gym and doing WW. yeh, I know we're trying to lose weight but every now and then, it's splurgo time, and then, only a very small portion.

haggis wrote:I'm not sure if I would like it, as much as I love desserts and sweets...I think I can feel the cavities boring into my teeth as is. More sugar than sugar. Not something I would make, but I would try it if someone made it for me. Well then you're invited for Valentines dinner here at my house and if you hate it, dinners on you

Norgeskog wrote:LEFSElover, what do those of us who do not have a KrispyKreem near them?????? I had one a block away when I lived in California, but here in Eugene, the nearest one is in Beverton or Portland, two hours away. Some wise guy goes there and gets them and then sells them for $12.50 a dozen. Plus about the hard sauce too. You could probably get them at the supermarket or maybe not, not sure how big your supermarkets are there where you live. Our Von's sells them here off the shelf as I think they get delivery from KK's. I am going to ours today and ask if they sell their day old ones and at what time. It'd be worth it to buy them and freeze them for Valentines. Plus, you know I'll bring you a batch (with the hard sauce) when they do the Norwegian Flag thingie. 8)

Old 01-23-2005, 01:04 PM   #13
Executive Chef

got my 'day olds' at KK's yesterday. I'll be doing the dessert soon and I'll keep you all informed about how it it.

Tags
None