"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 11-13-2004, 10:35 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
hersheys kisses are good as little dollops of chocolate. but even better when melted with a little butter and milk to make a chocolate sauce, which is then poured, with marshmallow sauce, over vanilla ice cream, and a few more halved kisses, and topped with whipped cream...
WOW! About how many calories would you peg that at?? Does sound scrumptuous, though!
so many that you burn the extra calories up trying to figure it out, so it's actually a healthy dessert...lol.

Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 11:37 AM   #12
Head Chef

Geez! Well of course it does!!!

(Why didn't I realize that?)

You are ever the bright side of the day, bucky! Thank you for that!!

Old 11-13-2004, 01:34 PM   #13
Master Chef

If you take Bucky's recipe, add just a touch of salt, and a hint of flour to thicken it, then you have hot fudge sauce. And it is yummy. Just make sure the butter is mixed in well.

Put this stuff in a fondue pot and dip strawberries in it. Why I think you could even dip a big toe in it and it would be tempting. But IIIII'm not gonna eat it. I'll use the strawberries thank you.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 01:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
If you take Bucky's recipe, add just a touch of salt, and a hint of flour to thicken it, then you have hot fudge sauce. And it is yummy. Just make sure the butter is mixed in well.

Put this stuff in a fondue pot and dip strawberries in it. Why I think you could even dip a big toe in it and it would be tempting. But IIIII'm not gonna eat it. I'll use the strawberries thank you.

Goodweed, if you don't put your foot in it, it isn't good!!!

Ask Audeo and mudbug!
Old 11-13-2004, 02:08 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

my foot is often in my mouth, so with fudgy toes, at least it'll taste good... much better than "toe cheese" anyway
Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 09:58 AM   #16
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
And furthermore, what's with this weed boy stuff. Heh heh. That's weed man to you.

Beat this one, cats-stepped-on- your-eye.

Grilled PBJ. You want some o' this?

French Vanilla Ice Cream with melted 3M drizzled over the top.

What's up with the cats-runny-eye now! That's what I thought :twisted:

Whoops! Whoa, back up the truck. No, Catseye. I didn't mean it. No, no, noooooo. (sound of hissing cat and the purr of a well oiled motorcycle coupled with the groan of a fallen weed, blown by a melancholy wind through a dark alley). Oh, (groan). This isn't over yet. You'd better hide in your litter box, cause I'll be back.
Pax! Okay, I'll confess. The truth is, a schmier of raspberry essence on a 3M is the only possible way it could be improved, and I was jealous that you thought of it and I didn't. :oops: I bow to your inspired brilliance, Mr. Goodweed. Sir.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:34 PM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catseye

Pax! Okay, I'll confess. The truth is, a schmier of raspberry essence on a 3M is the only possible way it could be improved, and I was jealous that you thought of it and I didn't. :oops: I bow to your inspired brilliance, Mr. Goodweed. Sir.
And now I am the one humbled. I am sometimes blessed with a bit of inspiration, but am not brilliant. I enjoy good food, or even better, great food. But all of us have a favorite flavor, something we are passionate about. And I just happen to love things raspberry. Couple that with a deep apreciation of chocolate (and I do have to admit that 3M's are mighty tasty), and the result is the chocolate-raspberry combination I mentioned.

Even though I dearly love Cadbury Chocolate, it doesn't have the right flavor to mix with raspberry. It's too sweet, and has too much dairy flavor for that purpose. Now it would be great with strawberry.

Their's a candy store in California called See's. They make wonderful variety of truffles, using Girahdeli Chocolate and their own recipes of fillings. My favorites from them are the raspberry covered in dark chocolate, and the blueberry in milk chocolate. But even they don't compare to the 3M with good seedless raspberry jam.

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None