My First Bake Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
PHEW!!!
FINALLY!

I got all of the goodies baked, decorated, packaged and tagged.
DH and I did a dry run of what my table (lucky #7 btw ;))
just to make sure that everything is going to fit.

002.JPG

I'm so excited, I can barely stand it!
My darling husband said, "You won't sleep tonight!"
I need to be at the Community Center by 7 AM;
I only get up that early when I HAVE to :LOL:
He has decided that he's going to take me down
to the Center, help me set up and then go up to
McD's and buy us a quick breakfast, so that I have one
less thing to be concerned with.
DH: I know how hard you've been working at this,
everything looks great!
Me: AAAWWWW! Thank you dear.

Wish me luck everyone!

That was fun!!

Thank you all!

We had quite the turn out, so much so that the Community is talking about having this now twice a year.

There were several folks at the Bake Sale that asked me if I did this for a living, that everything looked so professional. :blush:

I did learn a few good lessons, some items DID NOT sell and now I'm stuck with them. Oh well, the holidays are coming and I can use them as gifts. Also, the table was a touch small and over crowded, I should have only put out a coupla things of each item :shrug: you life and learn right?!

002.JPG

003.JPG
half of our `fridge was STUFFED with baked goods,
even the crisper drawers were full :LOL:

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

I had a really good time doing this, but MAN! That was alot of work!
I made a pretty penny and my Husband was surely impressed. He wants me to do this professionally and do the circuit of Farmers Markets and the Fairs here in our new area...we loads of them all year round.

From what I understand about the Arizona Home Based Bakers' law has alot of steps to it, but it could be worth it...
BUT, I'd have to think about it long and hard.
I'm retired, I don't want to work any more!

Good job, Kgirl! Your products look outstanding!

A friend recently started making full production of her baked goods and is selling them on FB and a website. Scandanavian goodies like lefse, rosettes, krumkaka, as well as home made breads and soups. It's exhausting but satisfying for her.

Last edited:
Good job, Kgirl! Your products look outstanding!

A friend recently started making full production of her baked goods and is selling them on FB and a website. Scandanavian goodies like lefse, rosettes, krumkaka, as well as home made breads and soups. It's exhausting but satisfying for her.

Heh thanks Dawg! :blush:

I tried selling my Cakes on Etsy, but didn't do so well... never thought about FB though, that may work better.

Great job, K'girl! Looks beautiful!

I've been asked to sell my mustards at our farmers market, but I really don't want to be tied up doing that. I'd have to be there from 8:30 am till at least 1 pm every Saturday from April to the middle of December, plus making them every week, plus bookkeeping. No thanks. I'll just trade them for produce and eggs [emoji2]

I've been asked to sell my mustards at our farmers market, but I really don't want to be tied up doing that. I'd have to be there from 8:30 am till at least 1 pm every Saturday from April to the middle of December, plus making them every week, plus bookkeeping. No thanks. I'll just trade them for produce and eggs [emoji2]

... an even better idea GG! ;)

oh, and thank you!

Kgirl, those pictures are eye popping! Everything looks so professional I'm curious about the items that didn't sell. Soooo happy for you but I'd think long and hard about this part..
I made a pretty penny and my Husband was surely impressed. He wants me to do this professionally and do the circuit of Farmers Markets and the Fairs here in our new area...we loads of them all year round.
My guess is the thrill would soon be gone with a commitment like that. Like you said,
I'm retired, I don't want to work any more!

Kgirl, those pictures are eye popping! Everything looks so professional I'm curious about the items that didn't sell. Soooo happy for you but I'd think long and hard about this part..
My guess is the thrill would soon be gone with a commitment like that. Like you said,

MAHALO K!!!

What didn't sell were the GF Cookie Mix in a jar, Chai Tea Mix in a jar, my infused Hawaiian Sea Salts, Spice Rubs, Magic Bars and Caramel Cuts.

I read somewhere that if you do nothing else, make tons of Chocolate goodies and twice as many Brownies than you think you should. I knew I should have made my Salted Caramel Brownies, with Hawaiian Sea Salt ;)

salted caramel brownies.jpg
salted caramel brownies1.jpg

It could have been my cluttered table or the labeling :shrug:
The items with bold, clear wording flew off the table, but the stuff that required reading glasses, not so much.

And yes ma'ma! I do not want to make any commitments to anyone else but my Husband and Mother.

DH said our `fridge looked like it was for a bakery's next day of sales :LOL:
I made everything ahead and frozen them until the might before, then into the `fridge. I frosted the cupcakes the day before, good thing too, `cuz that took me all afternoon.

Oh, that was the other thing that didn't sell, the pre-packaged 9 pak of mixed flavored cupcakes!
The individually wrapped cupcakes with forks attached sold like, well, hotcakes :LOL: I should have made more of those too, but a pain in the ka tuchus!

001.JPG

Oh well, they won't go to waste, I'll take them to my gang (aka the new next door neighbors who are the construction superintendent and his crew) that moved up the street to new digs.

I'm guessing that K-Girl will be sleeping until Monday! :LOL:

So...how WAS it? How'd you do?

You just about nailed that one CG!
DH came to collect me and my remaining things and I promptly went to bed,
where I stayed until this morning! :ROFLMAO:

Poor DH got no meals yesterday, so I'm making up for it today.
Sunday brunch was Taylor's Ham and Egg Biscuits
Lunch was Won Ton Soup
and supper will be his all time favorite meal, ever ever ever :
Rigatoni with Meatballs and a nice loaf of bread.

Back
Top Bottom