"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2018, 06:29 AM   #31
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott-180 View Post
Gosh darn it! Yous guys crack me up!
I'm from an area called the Ottawa Valley..very rural and has deep Scottish and Irish influence..combine that with Canadian sensibilities (or in sensibilities) and you get quite a bit of slang that nobody outside our region understands..Kind of like the Yorkshire of Canada..
Probably why my son is engaged to a Dewsbury girl

Rocklobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:27 AM   #32
Head Chef

I think you did a great job. Being a newbie here is some cooking starter hints. Always start with a clean kitchen and hands, read your recipe completely through first and then get your ingredients out, and follow the recipe as it is written, Clean as you go. Also if you not sure on something ask us, someone will always know the answer, There are no stupid questions. One final hint, don't be afraid to fail at a recipe, that's how you learn and just have fun.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:30 PM   #33
Certifiable Executive Chef

Site Administrator

Quote:
she loved it by the way. No one had ever made a cake for her before so she didn't mind it being a bit childish and rough around the edges!
How did the cake taste?

I've made a new recipe make a few notes about how successful the cake was. Did it taste great? was it hard to make? Is it worth trying again or is it time to move on to another recipe.. etc.

I am the cake baker at my house... I love cake - not the icing but the actual cake. Good cake is delicious and getting scarce these days.

Your cake looks great - it's fun and there will never be another exactly like it. Best of all you took the time to bake it just for her. Nice - thoughtful.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:35 PM   #34
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Scott, that is a fabulous job. I am sure she loved it. You should be proud of it.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:45 AM   #35
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
How did the cake taste?

I've made a new recipe make a few notes about how successful the cake was. Did it taste great? was it hard to make? Is it worth trying again or is it time to move on to another recipe.. etc.

I am the cake baker at my house... I love cake - not the icing but the actual cake. Good cake is delicious and getting scarce these days.

Your cake looks great - it's fun and there will never be another exactly like it. Best of all you took the time to bake it just for her. Nice - thoughtful.
Well it actually tasted a lot better than it looked!

I didn't really follow a recipe, my mum just told me how to make it over the phone. That was actually my second attempt because the first one was a bit hard and dry so I added a little milk to the mixture on the second go which made it turn out lovely and moist.

Scott-180 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cake, recipe

My first ever cake. Please don't laugh! Hi guys, So I joined last week and am a complete cooking newbie so I thought I would show you all my first ever attempt at baking. It was my girlfriend's birthday so I made her this cake. I am sure it must look like a dreadful mess but she loved it and it actually tasted!:lol: 3 stars 1 reviews