"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 04-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Allow the cake to cool completely!! Remove the spring form....Invert onto a plate or 9 in round...Apply a wee bit of heat to the bottom of the pan...Torch for a few seconds...remove pan bottom...invert to a 9 in. round.
thank you for your reply. the only thing is the top "brown" crust will stick to the round? the top of my cake is usually nice and brown without a crack.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

The process only takes a minute....Wrap the first round in Sara Wrap...maybe??

Good Luck & Enjoy!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
The process only takes a minute....Wrap the first round in Sara Wrap...maybe??

Good Luck & Enjoy!
thank you
Old 04-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
thank you
You're Welcome!! When you've perfected the process I'll send you my mailing address....I like Cheesecake!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
You're Welcome!! When you've perfected the process I'll send you my mailing address....I like Cheesecake!
but do you love it?
people want to buy my cheese cake for holidays and such. but for years i have said no. i even considered including the springform pan but alas i didn't do it. i like mine with cherry pie fillng on top. how do you like yours? if you're not to far away i will send you some.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

I cannot tell a lie...I don't "love" it, but I do like it...Plain, and sometimes with blueberry topping...Ya know you could sell it including the spring form pan...Include the price of the pan + taxes + a little more to go buy another if need be...Offer a refund for return of the pan (undamaged) Of course the refund would be a little less than the total cost of the pan...Example...For a $15 cost (for the pan) offer a $10 Refund...

Old 04-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
I cannot tell a lie...I don't "love" it, but I do like it...Plain, and sometimes with blueberry topping...Ya know you could sell it including the spring form pan...Include the price of the pan + taxes + a little more to go buy another if need be...Offer a refund for return of the pan (undamaged) Of course the refund would be a little less than the total cost of the pan...Example...For a $15 cost (for the pan) offer a $10 Refund...
good idea!! thanx i am not a big sweet eater but i do like something sweet now and then. i am asked to make a lot of sweets like cookies, pies - lemon meringue from scratch (which i love), pecan pie (which i NEVER eat, to dang sweet for me), apple pie (which i do eat a small piece of) and cheese cake and mocha brownies.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #18
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Sherri83
well 9 in rounds are sold in craft stores here. Such as Michaels: The arts and crafts store...
Old 04-06-2009, 12:25 AM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri83 View Post
well 9 in rounds are sold in craft stores here. Such as Michaels: The arts and crafts store...
thanks
i never thought to look in michaels. would they be in the wilton section?
Old 04-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #20
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Sherri83
Yes, the wilton/cake decorating section. They are usually around the area of cake and muffin pans.

Tags
None