"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 11-13-2006, 10:40 AM   #1
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
New Easy Dessert Idea for Christmas?

Jillian asked me if I could bake some cookies for her grandmother for Christmas so she didn't have to do it herself.

So I was thinking about doing something different, rather than chocolate chip cookies, or shortbread cookies.

Is there a dessert you know of that I could do in little time, and do with the help of my girlfriend who knows absolutely nothing about cooking, baking, or food in general, and is something different. She has to help so her grandmother knows she's part of it.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Old 11-13-2006, 10:49 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Since your girlfriend is "cooking challenged," why not do something simple? To make a chocolate chip-type cookie, instead of chocolate chips add M&Ms. The cookies will be yummy and colorful for Christmas.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
True, I will probably still do a batch of chocolate chips, but I'd like something different. I'll use M & M's

Ohh

Also

My mom wants to spend a day sometime soon... I'm not sure when... but she wants to bake a ton of stuff for my grandparents... CRAP! they are coming up this weekend.... well that sucks... i'm going to Jillian's school this weekend... ok.. so, I guess I'm baking sometime this week. Any ideas for something different there too?

My mom knows a lot about cooking and baking, so we could do more difficult things.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #4
Head Chef

How adventurous are you feeling for your grandparents Gobo? VeraBlue's Caramel Apple cake did me proud yesterday, there is an excellent pumkin spiced loaf cake which is easy here on the board, what kind of thing are you looking for?? You need to be more precise my dear boy! ;)
Old 11-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #5
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu
How adventurous are you feeling for your grandparents Gobo? VeraBlue's Caramel Apple cake did me proud yesterday, there is an excellent pumkin spiced loaf cake which is easy here on the board, what kind of thing are you looking for?? You need to be more precise my dear boy! ;)

Not my grandparents... Jillian's. Show me the recipes please, I'll look into them and see if I'll do them. Caramel Apple cake sounds really good. Maybe I'll make it with my mom, and then if its quick and easy enough I'll do it at Jillians.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:10 AM   #6
Head Chef

Gobo, in your second post you say about your mother baking for your grandparents - you specified cookies for Jillian's Grandmother! I would bake a selection of cookies, say a dozen each of four types, that store well so she can share them over tea/coffee with her friends and neighbours and boast about her lovely granddaughter's baking!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:53 PM   #7
Hospitality Queen

Here are some tasty ones from one of my Christmas Cookie exchange parties:

Cookie Exchange Cookies
Old 11-13-2006, 01:31 PM   #8
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu
Gobo, in your second post you say about your mother baking for your grandparents - you specified cookies for Jillian's Grandmother! I would bake a selection of cookies, say a dozen each of four types, that store well so she can share them over tea/coffee with her friends and neighbours and boast about her lovely granddaughter's baking!

My bad. I was getting rushed out of the library.

Thanks I'll try that

Jkath

I'll check out that recipe when I get home today.
Thank you

Now I have some business questions to do. :P

Tags
None