Pecan Pudding??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
Not sure where this fits under desserts....

I needed to bring something into work today. I was going to make pecan pie.. forgot to get a pie crust. Went to make a pie crust, not enough shortening.. got the pecans out.. barely enough to make a pie(maybe).. ok 0 for 3...
I got creative
3 eggs, 1 1/2 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 cup dark karo syrup, 1 cup sugar, 2 tbls melted butter, 1/2tsp vanilla, all the pecans I had.. around 1 cup.
dump everything in a bowl and mix. Pour in a 9x9 cake pan and bake at 350 for 50 minutes...
Awesome pecan pudding....Denser than pecan pie filling, not quite as sweet. Very much like a date pudding but without the dates...

Sounds good to me Jeff....I'm one of those individuals that prefers Pecan Pie to be a few days old...I'll eat it when it's fresh...the day it's baked...but prefer it when it has time to "candy" or "cure" a bit...I like Pecan Pie when I can hold a piece in one hand and eat it....:LOL:

Not sure where this fits under desserts....

I needed to bring something into work today. I was going to make pecan pie.. forgot to get a pie crust. Went to make a pie crust, not enough shortening.. got the pecans out.. barely enough to make a pie(maybe).. ok 0 for 3...
I got creative
3 eggs, 1 1/2 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 cup dark karo syrup, 1 cup sugar, 2 tbls melted butter, 1/2tsp vanilla, all the pecans I had.. around 1 cup.
dump everything in a bowl and mix. Pour in a 9x9 cake pan and bake at 350 for 50 minutes...
Awesome pecan pudding....Denser than pecan pie filling, not quite as sweet. Very much like a date pudding but without the dates...

Drat... forgot a couple of items..
2 tblsp honey and some allspice.. didn't measure, just shook some in...

Back
Top Bottom