"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 10-23-2004, 04:14 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

They DO look good (didn't mean no harm). And I appreciate you introducting these unusual - at least to me - ingredients and foods. Just wondering how you acquired the taste for such stuff and whether you ever hunker down over a bowl of plain ole mac and cheese.

Old 10-23-2004, 05:06 PM   #12
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
They DO look good (didn't mean no harm). And I appreciate you introducting these unusual - at least to me - ingredients and foods. Just wondering how you acquired the taste for such stuff and whether you ever hunker down over a bowl of plain ole mac and cheese.
I don't eat mac and cheese, but plenty of Banquet TV Dinners or hamburgers. You must have missed my hamburger post in which I was accused of trolling and the bad behaviour of responents got the thread temporarily locked. Also, read my review of a famous Chicago greasy food restaurant here:
http://www.discusscooking.com/viewtopic.php?t=4205

Old 10-23-2004, 05:13 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

whew! you do imbibe some grease. Must have missed the burger thing.

But anyway, how did you discover all these other foodstuffs? Did someone turn you on to them, or was it self-discovery and education?
Old 10-23-2004, 06:40 PM   #14
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
whew! you do imbibe some grease. Must have missed the burger thing.

But anyway, how did you discover all these other foodstuffs? Did someone turn you on to them, or was it self-discovery and education?
I am not sure. My father was sort of like that in that he often bought imported food (mostly Italian) but he didn't cook exotic food. As a child, I was exposed to a lot of German cooking from my grandmother. She would take me to a German movie theater and, afterwards, to a German Food store (Kuhns on Lincoln Ave) and buy me German candy. My mother often tried cooking new things. However, my exotic tastes are mostly limited to sweets. With non-sweets I would say that I have typical American tastes except I don't like fish. In any event, I try to analyse the taste of food that I like because I am analytical by nature.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:47 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, you live in a great area for experimentation. Happy hunting!
Thanks for the insight.

Tags
None