Raspberry sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrwhite712

Assistant Cook
Im going to make a chocolate torte with raspberry sauce for my girlfriend this saturday. I am going to visit her tomorrow(friday) but wanted to get as much done as I can before I drive down to see her. Will the sauce be ok for saturday night if I make it tonight or tomorrow morning. I appreciate all responses.

Trevor

Can you post the recipe you are using? It will help us know better whether your sauce will keep or not.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups fresh raspberries or thawed frozen unsweetened raspberries
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1/4 cup framboise or other raspberry-flavored liqueur (optional)

To make the raspberry sauce, place the raspberries, sugar and framboise, if using, in a blender or in a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Puree until smooth. If you prefer a seedless sauce, pass the puree through a sieve.

Trevor

Hmmm last time i made a suace made out of blackberries. I took about 1 package of blackberries i think it was about 2 cups. Put it in like a 1 quart of water in a sauce pan and boiled the water. Add a little more water. Add in the blackberry and use a spoon to crush and stir the berries. Add in like 1/4 cup of sugar and continue stiring for like 10 minutes. Add liek 1/4 more cups of sugar and stir for 5 minutes. I add in some lemon juice. like 3 tablespoons and stirred around. Now if its thick and sweetish raspberry like then you've made it right. O yea i would also add some framboise in there.

mrwhite - your recipe will be fine - but you will definitely want to pass the puree through a sieve - those seeds are nasty little creatures and she'll go to give you a great big thank you kiss with a big ol' raspberry seed sticking in her teeth - then you will either look like you're about to faint or you will crack up laughing - at which time she will either - laugh along with you or knock you out cold :roll: strain those seeds!!!

If you can make sure it stays cold during your drive - but not frozen. While you are heating up the sauce during the cooking process if any foam collects at the top carefully remove it - this will help your finished product be nice and clear.

kitchenelf said:
LOL Alix - Somehow I needed to get across - STRAIN THAT PUREE!!!!!

I learned that the hard way, elf! The first Valentine's Day that my hubby and I were dating I wanted to do something special for him so I make him a raspberry white chocolate cheesecake since he's a huge cheesecake fan. It was delicious! It wasn't until a year later that I found out that on the first bite, he bit down funny on a raspberry seed (the recipe called for whole raspberries), cracked a tooth and ended up needing a root canal! :oops:

Back
Top Bottom