REC:Ghosts in the Graveyard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
I spotted this Halloween recipe while looking for pork chop recipes in an add box on the site I was visiting, it is absolutely adorable looking!

Ghosts in the Graveyard

Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
Makes: 18 servings, about 1/2 cup each

15 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies 3 cups cold milk 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling 1 tub (12 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided Decorations, such as 3 CAMEO Creme Sandwich Cookies, decorating gel, 5 candy pumpkins and 10 pieces of candy corn

CRUSH chocolate sandwich cookies in large resealable plastic bag with rolling pin or in food processor. POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir in 3 cups of the whipped topping and half of the crushed cookies. Spoon into 13x9-inch dish; sprinkle with the remaining crushed cookies. REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until ready to serve. Decorate creme sandwich cookies with decorating gel to resemble tombstones; stand up in top of dessert. Add candies. Drop remaining whipped topping by spoonfuls onto dessert to resemble ghosts. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
Ghosts_in_the_Graveyard.jpg

thumpershere2 said:
That is really cute. Kids would love making that.
I agree! It would be so much fun to make for a kid's Halloween party. I'm sending the recipe to an aunt who still has youngeters at home and is planning a monster mash :mrgreen:

You can make black cats too, just use pretzels, breaking out the a little of the center so it becomes the arch in the cats back and decorate with black icing.

texasgirl said:
You can make black cats too, just use pretzels, breaking out the a little of the center so it becomes the arch in the cats back and decorate with black icing.
That's clever Texasgirl! In the past I've bought and used those yummy black licorice gummy (or rather pleasantly chewy) "penny candy" cats as decorations on Halloween treats.

texasgirl said:
I like trying to figure out new ways of decorating :eek:)
Me too! All these upcoming holidays make me wish I had some cookie cutters! I looked for them when we lived in Dublin but did not find any and our little town certainly does not carry them. I refuse to believe that there are non sold in stores in Ireland!!! Just have to keep my eyes peeled or call up my mom (who has a massive cookie cutter collection) and ask her to send me a few :mrgreen:

I don't have that many myself. I never can find them when I want them. I wish that I had my moms, she had a bunch too. I don't know who ended up with them, probably my older sister. She USED to cook all the time :eek:)

Piccolina said:
Me too! All these upcoming holidays make me wish I had some cookie cutters! I looked for them when we lived in Dublin but did not find any and our little town certainly does not carry them. I refuse to believe that there are non sold in stores in Ireland!!! Just have to keep my eyes peeled or call up my mom (who has a massive cookie cutter collection) and ask her to send me a few :mrgreen:

Here are two excellent websites for buying cookie cutters. I'm always amazed at their selections!

www.kitchengifts.com
www.foosecookiecutters.com

The second one has a store that's about 1.5 hours from where I live. Luckily they have really limited hours and I've never been there--I could easily break the bank at a place like that! :rolleyes:

Thanks PA!! Now maybe I can get all that I want before I get grandkids, that will be a LOOOOONG time yet, hopefully!!

PA Baker said:
Here are two excellent websites for buying cookie cutters. I'm always amazed at their selections!

www.kitchengifts.com
www.foosecookiecutters.com

The second one has a store that's about 1.5 hours from where I live. Luckily they have really limited hours and I've never been there--I could easily break the bank at a place like that! :rolleyes:

That is soooo helpful, thank-you PA!!! LOL, I totally and completely know what you mean, just about any decent kitchenware shop could clean me out in a flash! :mrgreen:

In days of yore (lol), I used to have a big ghost shaped cookie cutter that I used to cut out sandwiches with from white bread - they were so cute! :)

Back
Top Bottom