Recipe Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I make whipped cream for SO's chocolate whipped cream frosting or for my tres leches cake, I add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and some vanilla to the cream. The resulting stabilized whipped cream will hold and not break down for the life of the cakes.

When I make whipped cream for SO's chocolate whipped cream frosting or for my tres leches cake, I add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and some vanilla to the cream. The resulting stabilized whipped cream will hold and not break down for the life of the cakes.

When I watch a show where they put whipped cream on a dessert or beside it, it looks like it has already wilted back to liquid. They know the secrets of keeping whipped cream in 'peak' condition, so why don't they do it?

I have white vanilla powder so it doesn't discolor the cream. And I have always thought that cream alone is never really sweet. I too add the powdered sugar along with the vanilla. And if the dessert will be held over for more than 24 hours, use the unflavored gelatin trick. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom