Romantic dessert without oven?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mel! said:
What about chocolate m(well it begins with m, but I dont know how to spell it. It is made with egg whites and chocolate. A French word.)?

Chocolate Mousse?

Oh, chocolate mousse is a great idea!

I also love the zabaglione suggestion. Heavenly!

Lee

QSis said:
Oh, chocolate mousse is a great idea!

I also love the zabaglione suggestion. Heavenly!

Lee
Me too, Q. :chef: How about putting a strawberry fan and a sprig of mint on your mousse?

*amy* said:
WOWEEEE!!! Caine, this looks fab. Copied & saved. Thank you. :chef:

See? I told ya all the women love it!

I actually made this recipe up several years ago, when a whole bunch of people started complaining on the old Food Network message boards that Rachael Ray had a Mexican ice cream pie listed on one of her programs, but she never made the pie, and FoodTV never posted the recipe.

Last edited:
Uncle Bob said:
Great ideas and recipes!!! however I am liking your original idea of the simple, chocolate dipped stem strawberries. Fed to each other of course. Oh! and absolutely NO napkins allowed!!;)

Have Fun & Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Between your idea and mine (almost identical) it seems only you and I think eating with your fingers and feeding each other is romantic.:wub: The ritual of a bride and groom feeding each other cake comes from the idea that, as a couple, it's a pleasure to give to the other, first. Lou and I have enjoyed many a meal sans flatwear. Like I said, I believe the romance stems from the intimacy of sharing, not the look of the garnish.

Kansasgirl's Maple Rum Pudding would be good.

Maple Rum Pudding

4 tb Water
1 1/2 tb Gelatin
25 Ladyfingers
1/2 c Dark rum
1 c Maple syrup
14 oz Evaporated milk, chilled
1/2 c Chopped pecans
Maple glazed pecans for garnish (can also use broken pralines)

1.Place water in medium-size saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over, let soak for 5 minutes.
2.Arrange ladyfingers in one layer in shallow dish, pour 1/2 the rum over so that ladyfingers are evenly coated, and allow run to soak in completely.
3.Beat milk until light and fluffy.
4.Place gelatin mix over low heat and stir it gently until melted. Mix in the maple syrup and then gently fold in the beaten milk. Gently fold in the nuts.
5.Pour half the maple mixture over and spread evenly. Cover with remaining ladyfingers, and soak with remaining rum. When ladyfingers are completely soaked, spread with the remaining maple mixture. Leave pudding in the refrigerator for several hours, or until the pudding is firm. Serve chilled with garnish.

Caine said:
See? I told ya all the women love it!

I actually made this recipe up several years ago, when a whole bunch of people started complaining on the old Food Network message boards that Rachael Ray had a Mexican ice cream pie listed on one of her programs, but she never made the pie, and FoodTV never posted the recipe.

I won't need any flatware for this one, Caine. :)

Back
Top Bottom