Strawberries - what do you do with them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ended up by making a strawberry mousse. Made a gelatin of the strawberries and folded in whipped cream (I used half the whipping cream - 250 ml). Luscious.

I love dipping strawberries. Mix equal parts of whipped cream cheese and the marshmallow fluff that you find in a jar. You can thin it a little with a small amount of cream. The combo of the two is just the perfect sweetness for already sweet perfect berries. Serve the berries with the stems attached and a bowl of the cream cheese fluff in the center. Yumm

What do I do with Strawberries!:ohmy:

Well, let me tick off a few of my favorite ways to enjoy this wonderful fruit.

*Wash, hull, and eat, straight up, no chaser required.
*Add halved strawberries to cream, with a little sweetener, and serve cold.
*Chop, or halve, and fold into Chantilly Cream. Serve cold.
*Add to a vanilla cake trifle, again with Chantilly Cream.
*Make a one crust strawberry pie, with fresh, cleaned strawberries heaped
into it so that it almost overflows, with strawberry glaze filling all the
spaces that aren't strawberry, served with Chantilly cream.
*Two crust strawberry pie with a yummy strawberry filling baked in.
*Home made Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream.
*Home made Strawberry Freezer Jam.
*Home made strawberry jam, or preserves
*Strawberry malt
*Strawberries on raisin bran or shredded wheat cereal.
*Strawberries in any hot cereal
*Strawberry Shortcake with Chantilly Cream
*And don't you dare forget Strawberry/rhubarb crisp. Soooo good.:yum:
*For the kids, make a "foot" cookie from shortbread, and lady fingers. Put
macerated strawberries between the toes, and serve.:ROFLMAO:

Have I missed any?:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Here's a quick and easy pudding that I make with strawberries.

Fridge cheescake

One pkt of crushed coconut biscuits with melted butter for the base. Just press into bottom of dish.

Whisk together 1 punnet of cream cheese, 1 tin of sweetended condensed milk and half a cup of lemon juice. Whisk till mixture starts to thicken. Swirl in some crushed strawberries. Pour mixture over cookie base, set in fridge till firm. Top with fresh strawberries and whipped cream if desired.

Last edited:
I really like this recipe, and you don't have to make the whole lot you can just make one (or any) of the components. The strawberry tuille was really lovely.

BBC - Food - Recipes : Strawberry jelly crumble with elderflower custard

Or how about a strawbellini cocktail, using pureed, sweetened, sieved strawberries as opposed to peaches. (apologies if this has already been mentioned and I missed it)

Jennifer's Kiss

1 part Ballatore® Rosso Spumante
1 part Kern's® strawberry nectar

Place one hulled whole strawberry in the bottom of a 12 ounce wine goblet. Add 4 ounces of Kern's strawberry nectar. Fill with Rosso Spumante.

Strawberries 'n Cream (cheese)
40 large firm strawberries
14 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. confectioners sugar
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
8 TBL milk chocolate, grated, divided
Cut a thin slice off of the leafy end of the strawberries, just enough to allow the berries to sit level.
from the other end, cross-cut each berry about 3/4 of the way down, careful to not go all the way through.
Spread the four wedges slightly with a finger-tip.
Set berries aside.
In a Large Mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy. Gently fold in half the grated chocolate.
Using a pipette, decorating bag with tip, or small spoon, generously fill the strawberries, being careful not to break them.
Sprinkle the remaining chocolate on the tops of the stuffed berries, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For a stronger chocolate flavor, apply a small dollop of chocolate syrup instead of the sprinkled grated chocolate

img_1188469_0_4036731634374e65ef734d41d55b1787.jpg

To be totally truthful, I live in the strawberry capital of the world, and we get fresh strawberries all year 'round, so I do a myriad of things with them from slicing them on my breakfast cereal to dicing them and adding them to muffins or pancakes, to making an 11-inch diameter strawberry shortcake, in either yellow or chocolate cake varieties.

img_1188480_0_ecd7717eaf36a82e294e469c69c59a09.jpg

Luckytrim,
Those berries look fantastic. I wish I was going somewhere where I needed to take a snack for all to share. I may have to make up a tiny batch for at home next time I see strawberries in the store. Thanks.:yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom