Strawberry Chocolate cake... Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
I want to make a strawberry chocolate cake. I have two chocolate cakes that I have made and I want to put strawberry in between them to form a two layered cake, covered in chocolate fudge icing and thinly sliced strawberries on top forming words.

Can I just buy a can of strawberry filling, or is there a recipe that I can use? Will it make the cake too mushy? Please help! I need to go to the store within the hour.

The cakes I've eaten that have a fruit layer in the middle appear to use jam or preserves. I would think if you put a very thin layer of frosting then the jam that will keep the jam from making the cake soggy. You may want to make like a light cream cheese type spread (cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, vanilla) to put on it. That would give you another flavor to your cake.

i have never see strawberry filling in cans or otherwise, i would just buy a top of the line strawberry jam and use that, then berries on top.

can you tell i am always about the easy way? lol

babe:chef:

whenever I want a strawberry filling, I use very good preserves between the layers. My mom did the same. no need for frosting to hold it on.

I love strawberry preserves as filling for chocolate layer cake! :) What time is dessert? :LOL:

i have never see strawberry filling in cans or otherwise, i would just buy a top of the line strawberry jam and use that, then berries on top.

can you tell i am always about the easy way? lol

babe:chef:

I have 2 cans of strawberry filling ;)

Well I didn't have time to make it, but I decorated one of the cakes and it looks cute lol.. "WELCOME HOME" spelled in strawberry slices, and her name written with icing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom