Sweet Bruschetta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This was in the newspaper today in the food section. I think it sounds yummy and light for a hot summer day. Would you try this..I'm going to on Sunday:)

24-baguette slices, 1/4 in. thick
1/4-c soft butter
6-Tab. brown sugar
1/4-tea. cinnamon
1/2c. chopped peaches or nectarines
1/2c. chopped plums
2-Tab. fresh lime juice 2-Tab. chopped and glazed walnuts
Lay baguette slices in single layer on large baking sheet. Stir butter, 4 Tab. of brown sugar and cinnamon and spread on one side of baguette slice. Broil 1-2 min or til lightly browned. Stir remaining brown sugar fruit and lime juice in a small bowl. Spoon equal amonts over the bread slices and top with some walnuts.
Now all we need is something zippy to sip:LOL:
any suggestions?
kadesma:)

I'd go for lemonade, but with a kick.
Lavendar lemonade with rose petals in the ice cubes perhaps?
And, if you want to kick it more, add some lemon vodka.

BTW - the recipe looks beautiful and yummy!

jkath, thank you..we all love lemonade and I'd love to kick it up a little..I love the idea of the rose petals in the ice cubes..Thanks again.

PA Baker said:
Copying and pasting. This would make a great dish for brunch, too. With mimosas, of course!
Hi Pa:)
Your right, this would be wonderful for a nice lunch..And I do love mimosas...emmm Thanks for the idea..

I'm thinking a dessert Champagne/sparkling wine - we have a rosé that I bet would go with the sweetness of this dessert nicely!! Or a demi-sec - thanks for the recipe!!!!!!!

kitchenelf said:
I'm thinking a dessert Champagne/sparkling wine - we have a rosé that I bet would go with the sweetness of this dessert nicely!! Or a demi-sec - thanks for the recipe!!!!!!!
Your welcome Elf:) Several years ago we were in the Napa wine country and picked up a dessert wine from Grgich Hills called Violetta..I think I'll try that with this and some of each suggestion from you all. I love all the ideas I'm getting here. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom