Thanksgiving dessert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Constance said:
Kadesma, I think I'm going to do the apple cake instead of the pie this year. I could make that several days ahead of time. In fact, I could make the cake this weekend and freeze it...then thaw and put on the frosting next week. I haven't fixed it for 20 years.
I also got some frozen puff pastry, and have that commercial fruit filling that I've been talking about forever. I could do something kinda tricky with that.
HB's going to be at deer camp all weekend, so I'll have a chance to do something productive. Of course, I'll also be expected to send out some food for them one night.
I have one of those all morning doctor's appoints next Wednesday with an ENT, so that knocks out my Wednesday morning cooking. I'm going to have to get EXTRA organized.
Connie, I'm making it again, my husband loves it and has asked for more:) We all enjoyed it and it was easy to make..I picked up some puff pastry too, but I'm going to make some type of asparagus, bri tart with it for a before dinner appy..I already have my filling for the stuffed onions done and in the freezer and daughter is doing the rice torta so that part is covered..I just need to get going tues and thing will be fine:rolleyes: Thanks gain for a wonderful recipe..I know it's one I will know by heart a few months from now :LOL: Don't work yourself too hard and have a wonderful thanksgiving.
kadesma

It's been decided.:chef: We will be having a Lemon Almond Tart with Blackberries. The recipe serves it with a blackberry liquer sauce but my huge belly says "no." I got the recipe from my Ball Blue book and am eager to see how it comes out.

...hmm, maybe I'll serve it with whipped cream too.:pig:

Wow! I'm ditching the pumpkin pies and making some of your decadent desserts posted here. Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving!

Last minute addition!

Found this misfiled on my 'puter, forgot I had it - it will get made today!

Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake w/brownie crust

12 servings

Crust:
4T butter
2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
¼ cup sugar 1 large egg
¼ cup flour ½ tsp. baking powder
¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
1/8 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 325. Lightly butter a 9 inch springform pan. In a medium saucepan, melt butter with chocolate; remove from heat, let cool slightly, add sugar and egg til blended. Whisk flour with salt and baking powder; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in walnuts. spread batter in springform and smooth the surface. Bake fo 10 minutes, or til risen and dry to the touch. Cool completely. Wrap the outside of the pan in foil. Leave oven on.

Cheesecake:
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1 ½ lbs. cream cheese
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 ½ T cornstarch
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. cinnamon
2 cups pumpkin puree
½ tsp. nutmeg

Melt chocolate, set aside. Beat cream cheese til smooth. Add sugar, beat til light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beat well between each addition. Beat in cornstarch and vanilla. Add 1 cup of batter to the melted chocolate and stir til blended. Add the pumpkin and spices into the remaining batter.

Pour ¾ of the pumpkin batter over the crust. Pour the chocolate batter on top. If the chocolate is too thick to pour, heat in microwave for 10 seconds. Spoon the remaining pumplkin cheesecake batter on top of the chocolate. Use a knife to make swirls.

Set the springform pan in a roasting pan. Add enough hot water to reach halfway up the side of the pan. Bake in center of oven for 1 ½ hours, til firm around edges but slightly jiggly in the center. Turn the oven off, prop the door open and let the cheesecake stand in the water bath for 1 hour, until completely set. Remove from water bath and chill thoroughly, 4 hours or overnight, then remove foil and pan.

Can make up to 4 days ahead.

I'm not doing the brownie crust; instead will make a crust from those storebought thin chocolate cookies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom